Chapter 28

I woke up and looked around the room. Ace was gone and warm beams of sunlight were peaking through the half opened curtains.

I sat up and rubbed my eyes with my good hand. My ankle was hurting as well as my elbow did and let's just not talk about the hand.

I got up and limped to the bathroom to wash up and brush my teeth. Then I made my way out the door. I struggled to walk down the stairs but made it with the help of the railing.

In the kitchen I could hear Ace talking on the phone. He sounded very angry.

"No I'm being dead ass serious if you don't find out who did this, you will pay for it instead......I don't care she could have died I-"

I gently knocked at the door frame causing him to look at me. "I will call you back later" he said before hanging up the phone.

Before I could ask him who he was talking to, he did the most random and unexpected thing he could have possibly done. Looking back at it, it wasn't that random but back then, I did not reckon with it.

He rushed over to me, pulled me in by my waist and kissed me harshly.

I pulled back and looked at him in shock. Without thinking I wrapped my arms around his neck and our lips collided.

The kiss soon turned into a make out and I could feel his tongue entering my mouth. My good hand gripped his hair as he tightened his hold around my waist and pressed me against the corner of the doorframe.

His hands wandered down to my butt and squeezed it before lifting me up. I wrapped my legs around his body and he tilted his head to deepen the kiss.

He then carried me to the couch in the living room without interrupting the kiss and sat down so that I was sitting on top of him.

His hands slid up again; one arm wrapped around my waist completely, pulling my body against his while the other slid up my spine and grabbed the back of my neck harshly.

With my good hand I tried to unbutton his shirt but failed miserably in the act since it was my left hand. He grinned and I chuckled as he unbuttoned it himself with just one hand.

My hand slid down and then up his muscular chest before finding the back of his head again where I gripped his dark blonde hair.

He let go of me and gently stroked his knuckles down at the side of my waist. They found the end of the T-shirt I was wearing and slid up my waist again, this time on my bare skin giving me goosebumps.

A slight moan escaped my lips at his touch and I started to move my hips up and down on his lap. He brung his hands around my waist and guided my movements.

He then proceeded to slide his hands under the thin fabric of the boxers I was wearing and squeezed my butt harder before sliding them forward a little so that his thumbs were sitting on my hip bones.

Suddenly Ace's phone started ringing on the kitchen counter. We stopped and I looked at his annoyed face as he sighed and I chuckled.

"Shouldn't you answer it?"
He thought about it for a second and then shook his head. "No. I'm the boss, I can do whatever I want to" he said causing me to laugh before he kissed me again.

It stopped and after a few seconds it rang again. He interrupted our kiss and sighed in annoyance before I got off his lap and he got up and walked over to the kitchen to pick it up.

"What?" he growled as I turned around to look at him. The frown between his eyebrows turned into a curious face as he listened to the person on the other line. "I'll be there in half an hour" he stated before hanging up the phone.

"What's wrong?" I asked confused as he walked up to me and picked me up bridal style. "Get ready. We have to go to the office" he stated and carried me to my room.

I quickly put on some black leggings and a white hoodie. It was cropped and revealed a part of my stomach that was not covered by the band of the leggings, along with the birthmark that was slightly above my belly button on the left side. Then I put on my shoes and brushed my hair before we left.