6

All I remember from last night is that I made popcorn and left the kitchen in a questionable state but I was planning on cleaning it up, but to my surprise, the mess was gone when I got downstairs

It's understandable though. It would be disturbing for anyone to see the kitchen in a mess if they were to come here. Luca hasn't had any visitors but still.

I could feel the presence of someone in the room, staring at me.

Luca.

"Morning, Elena" he greets in a raspy voice.

"Oh uh. Morning Luca. Did you clean up my mess?" I ask.

No, a fucking genie did.

He nods his head and for some reason, I feel bad. "You didn't have to. I was gonna do it" he shakes his head and tells me it's not a big deal.

Of course, it's a big deal, what the hell.

"Well ok then" My lips formed into a thin line and I walked to the kitchen. I made French toast for breakfast. Luca said he already had breakfast so I just made enough for myself. Upon eating Luca got up and informed me that he'd be out for most of the day then he went to his office.

After eating I went back to my room and I planned on taking a nap. It's not like I can do anything else or so I thought before an idea struck me.

"Hey, Luca." I say when I find his office door open. "Yes Elena?" I walk further into his office and sit on the chair across from him.

The chair is surprisingly comfortable for a wooden chair with armrests.

"So since you're going out, may go out as well? I mean it is my second last day here and tomorrow won't really count because I'll be packing and stuff. Won't you find it in your heart to permit me to leave?" I plead and he just looks at me dumbfoundedly "What?"

He clears his throat then speaks "Why are you asking me for permission to leave as if I own you?" he asks as he tilts his head a bit to the right.

"Huh? Didn't you say I can't leave?" I ask remembering our conversation when I asked him if I could leave. He didn't answer my question and I took the answer as a no while it was a yes.

"Bambino I never said anything." Well, I would have known I could leave if he and my father would just show me the fucking contract.

So I can go out with Lee and go see Aunt Bella.

"Bye then. I guess I'll be out as well today" I say as I get up from the chair and walk to my room.