Chapter 28

There's no way that Luca is taking me- well us out to celebrate that I'm back

There's no way that Luca is taking me- well us out to celebrate that I'm back. He would never.

Either they just used it as a cover-up for what they were talking about or it's Aldo or Leilani's plan and they don't want to take the credit so they pinned it on Luca.

Actually, why am I bothered? I don't care whether it's Luca or not. It's sweet of them all I guess.

I continue accessorizing my outfit and my hair. On my hair, I added 2 butterfly clips. One white and one black. For my outfit, I've simply put on a bit of jewelry. An outfit is not truly an outfit without accessories.

Once done I walk up to the mirror to see if I like the way I'm dressed. I've already changed a few times and I'm tired. This better be it.

I stand in front of the floor-length mirror examining my white, strapless, mid-thigh dress with my white platform heels. My silver jewelry compliments the whole outfit and brightness it somehow.

Perfect.

Time to put on some rings.

I put on a few, including my wedding ring.

Not that I want to but I have to. For the public eye.

Looking at the time I see that it's almost time for us to leave, so I go out of my room.

Seems that I'm the last one to finish getting ready because everyone else is already downstairs waiting for me.

They end their conversation when I emerge Leilani compliments my look and so does Aldo. Luca doesn't say anything. He just stares at me looking like his mind is fully occupied.

"Let's get this over with," he says as soon as he snaps back to reality.

"Doesn't Elena look gorgeous tonight Luca?" Aldo asks his brother while he stares at him dead in the eyes.

Luca scratches the back of his head and then says, "Yeah I guess"

"This isn't a guessing game but good effort," Leilani says.

Aldo hooks his arm around Leilani and they lead the way. Luca follows then I do too.

When we get to Luca's car Lee turns to face him. "Keys" she demands. "You're not driving my car, Leilani. I am"

"Keys please" she asks this time.

"I sai-"

"Luca if you don't give me the keys I will not hesitate to scratch your car with my apartment keys. Trust me" Lee threatens him. He looks at Aldo who throws his hands up. "If I were you I'd hand over the keys," he says.

Luca sighs and then hands her the keys.

She smiles at him as she unlocks the car. He opens the passenger seat but then Lee weirdly looks at him. "What?" he asks.