Chapter thirteen*

This was the moment that I learnt silence is very loud, deafening even. I have never been so scared before, ever.

Harry is staring straight ahead, with a dead expression on his face. He's smoked about 5 cigarettes already and we have only been in the car for 20 minutes.

Niall is still sat in the back, he keeps huffing and puffing so loud making it everyone else's problem that we are all stuck in this
car together.

Technically yes it was my fault but I didn't intend for this to happen. I just wanted to see what Harry was up to, not for him to catch me in the act.

I've made up so many scenarios in my head about what is happening here, between the company, between the way Harry acts towards me but not once did I expect this outcome.

What were Harry and Niall doing with that car? And why are we now in that car racing through the streets?

It makes zero sense.

I can count on one hand how many near misses we have had while driving but that is definitely not something to be proud of right now.

Harry clears his throat and lights up another cigarette, this time he doesn't roll down the window. Instead, we pull into a dark driveway. The gravel crunching underneath the tires as the car comes to a slow hault.

There's nothing here other than a rusted steel looking garage, and there are small lights all around the entrance but only giving off the littlest amount of light.

"Get out." Harry mutters underneath his breath.

I start unbuckling my seat belt and Harry's arm flys across me.

"Not you."

"Oh, okay." I nod and plug my seatbelt back in.

"What, now?" Niall clears his throat.

Harry turns around in his seat and shoots Niall a glare. "Ok fine i'm going." He holds his hands up in surrender.

Niall pushes open the door and grabs his bag. Getting out of the car and slams the door behind him. He jogs out of my sight round a corner and I see headlights flicker on.

I clear my throat as Harry glances behind him and starts backing out of the driveway.

"What is his problem?"

"His problem? What is your problem Grace?" Harry spits. "You're the one who followed me then fucked this whole thing up!"

This is enough to make me snap.

"God Harry, I'm sorry, okay! Jesus Christ I fucked up and I can't change what's happened and I'm sorry!" I reach in front of me and pop open the glove box.

"What are you doing?"

I pick the packet of cigarettes up and take one out, grabbing the lighter from Harry's thigh and light it up. I take one long drag and let the smoke fill my mouth, letting it trickle down my throat and exhaling the rest.

Harry drives into his parking lot, shifting the car into park and turning the engine off. He shifts in his seat to face me and shoots me a confused look.

"What?" I bring my hands up to my face while the cigarette rests on my lips.

"Nothing, I've just never seen you smoke before."

"I only do it when I'm stressed...or scared." I flash him a tight lipped smile quickly.

"Right." Harry trails off and clears his throat, grabbing the keys from the ignition and popping open the door.