Chapter eight

I had a very lovely evening last night, the dinner that Leah made for us was amazing. She cooked my favourite tomato pasta and paired it with my favourite wine. She's the best to me, I truly don't deserve her and I've got no clue where I would be if it wasn't for her.

Probably in a slump, back at home, surrounded by people who do not care about me.

Walking to the office this morning was peaceful, I had a good night's rest and my head doesn't feel as foggy anymore. It's going to be nice without Harry today, I won't be working in the fear I'm not doing something up to his standard.

Scanning my ID card to enter the building, the red haired lady greets me with a warm smile.

"Hi, Grace! How are you?" She coos.

"Hi! Uh what was your name? Sorry I never caught it!" I extend my hand out for her to shake.

"I'm Jessica, It's so nice to finally introduce ourselves. I was rooting for you to get the job as soon as I saw your pretty little face!" Jessica, who's name I now know, claps her hands in front of her chest very excitedly.

She pushes her glasses up her face a little more and glances at me up and down.

I clear my throat. "Well, it was lovely to meet you Jessica. I better be off to my office, otherwise, uh, I'll be late."

Gesturing to the stairs in front of me, I give her a half smile and make my way towards them. She seems nice I guess, very excited to see me which is a little unusual considering we've only just introduced ourselves but I'm sure she was just being friendly.

Pushing Harry's office door open, I forget for a brief second he's not here. I wonder how many days of work he's gonna miss, whether this is a one time or not.

I still don't know anything about this place, like I said before there was hardly anything about this place online when I applied. Due to Harry's 'rules' I haven't been able to ask many questions about what anyone does so, no finding out any information there.

I wipe my clammy hands down my trousers and continue through to my office, this place still makes me kinda nervous, hence the clammy hands. I continue through into my room, passing through Harry's untouched, dark office. The only sound of my heels tapping on the wooden flooring as I pass through.

Grabbing the door handle, I start to push through. "Oh! You're here!"

I feel my heart literally fall out of my ass and leap backwards, grabbing hold of the door for extra support.

"Jesus fucki- Niall! What the fuck! Don't do that! What the fuck are you doing sitting in here, in the fucking dark?!" My voice comes out shaky and I clamp my hand over my heart in an attempt to slow it.

Niall lets out a chuckle and spins around to face me, smacking his hand over his knee before opening his mouth.

"You should have seen your face! Like a fucking picture!" He's still laughing.

Letting out a big breath, I walk towards the desk to put my bags down and take off my jacket. I need to cool down.

"It's not funny! You can't just scare me like that, you could have given me a goddamn heart attack." I snap back.

Who does shit like that?

Niall stands up from the chair and starts walking towards me, still fucking laughing.

"Hope you're ready for the day! It's going to be so, much, fun!" He declared, leaving little pauses between the last three words for more emphasis.

With a roll of my eyes I walk over to the chair and plonk down. "Yay, can't wait."