5

TRIGGER WARNING: mentions of abuse, non-consensual sex, suicide and dark thoughts. Please do not read if these topics are triggering to you.

______

It's been months since the ceremony. Amelia, of course, was not pregnant. Every month she gets her period, she feels a sense of relief. It just meant that she was in a state where she could still escape.

Amelia doesn't remember the past couple of months. She spends more time trapped inside her mind rather than feeling and experiencing everything.

That's what kept her safe.

She refuses to look in the mirror. Not anymore. Amelia never wants to see what she looks like nowadays.

Amelia hates her name. She can't hear it without feeling panic. Without it being a reminder of the nights that she has to endure.

No one calls her it anymore. Only Lia, now. She's snuck out every night to see Leo, to get stronger. To be strong enough to survive out there so she can save herself from this place. So she can save Andy.

It was easier to sneak out than Lia anticipated. Henry drank more than anyone in camp even knew. It made it easy to sneak around. Made it easy to hide shit from him.

Because they were training in secret, they couldn't use guns or anything. Instead, Leo trained Lia on a bow. He taught her to shoot the bow and taught her self defense. Lia practiced on her own with the knives, but she did enjoy the bow. It was silent, and with the right shot, deadly.

She knew her advantage was stealth. It was only proved further with the training.

Lia knew that she was getting closer to being able to survive on her own. She knew that she could save them. Leo and Lia were becoming a deadly pair.

Lia actually believed that they could make it. They could survive out there. For once, she didn't feel completely hopeless. Her and Andy could live out the dream they hoped for themselves.

Andy.

The two girls almost never get to talk anymore. Steven isn't as stupid as Henry - he kept his mind sharp. They've managed to see each other, though. Even if it was only for a few lingering minutes.

However, one of the nights Leo was sick, Lia made the decision to try and sneak over to Andy's. It was the perfect time - Steven was sent out to an overnight watch - so Andy was alone.

Like before, Lia snuck out and made her way to the girls place. She was thankful to see the girl was alone, so she knocked on the window.

Andy looked at the girl with wide eyes. Lia frowned when she noticed that Andy had lost a significant amount of weight. Her eyes were sunken in and she looked tired. The girl walked over and opened the girl for the window.

Lia noticed that Andy had just taken off the face paint. For the first time in months, she saw Andy's face. Just as she remembered it, "Hi," Lia whispered as she grabbed Andy's hand. Although, the minute their skin made contact, both flinched and pulled away.

Even Lia who initiated it. She bit the inside of her cheek as both the girls stood awkwardly.

"What are you doing here?" Andy whispered, "You can get in so much trouble if Henry-"

"He's passed out, drunk. He drinks a lot," Lia whispered as she looked at Andy. The blonde nodded towards the girl. Both of them sat down on the bed, keeping distance as they sat in silence.

Lia didn't blame Andy for being fidgety. She was too. One time, Leo grabbed Lia's shoulder. It sent her into a panic before she started crying and hyperventilating.