47

"What do you need me to bring tonight?" Lia asked Kate as the two sat in the medical wing, "I think I found this bottle of wine? One of the traders talked about it."

"I got it covered. Just bring yourself and Addy," Kate replied to Lia as she continued to check on one of the patrollers who came in holding their arm after a fall.

"I'll let Dina know then. She was also wondering if was Maria coming?"

"She is," Kate nodded, "do you mind coming a bit earlier to help cook a bit? I'm making a bit more tonight and I prefer cooking with others."

"Sure," Lia smiled, "but why are you making more than usual?"

"Maria asked if Tommy could come," Kate said slowly, "if that's alright?"

'I guess," Lia mumbled, "he finally leaving his house now?"

"He's doing better," Kate reassured the girl, "it took a bit of time, but he really is improving. He's not the same as before, but he's a bit closer."

"You never end up the exact same as you once were," Lia mumbled as she looked down, "tonight should be fun."

"It will be. Same as every other weekly dinner," Kate smiled at Lia who nodded slowly, "now, can you help wrap up his arm? It's just a sprain."

Lia let out a small sigh, nodding her head and walking over to the Jackson resident with a small smile as she took out the bandages and wrapped up his arm. She secured it with some tape, making sure the wrist couldn't move, before sending him on his way.

When it was time to pick up Addy, Lia met up with Dina in front of the daycare with a smile, "Kate told me Tommy's coming tonight," Lia said to Dina as the two stared at the front door, "should be an interesting dinner."

"Really?" Dina frowned at the girl, "Fuck... there gonna be alcohol." Dina smirked at Lia who chuckled.

"Yeah, no shit."

"When was the last time you spoke to him?"

"Last year when I yelled at him," Lia mumbled, "so we'll see how tonight goes... I-I just didn't think that would be the last time we talked. He hasn't apologized. I don't even feel mad at him anymore. I actually quite miss him. He was one of the first people who was kind to me when I first got here. Even when I refused to speak."

Dina placed a comforting hand on her shoulder. Lia sent the girl a small smile before she grinned wide at the doors opening and Addy and JJ stumbling out. Both Lia and Dina walked over to them and greeted the two toddlers at the door.

"Hello, baby girl," Lia grinned at the toddler as she placed a big kiss on her cheek, "were you good."

"Yes, Aunty Lia," Addy's words sort of mixed together since she was still learned.

"Hey, doofus. You cause any trouble?" Dina asked JJ, making the toddler laugh at his mom as she attacked him with kisses.

Lia held onto Addy as she waved towards Dina, "See you tonight, Di!" Lia smiled towards the girl as she started to walk back towards her house. Lia walked across town, smiling towards the other residents. She stopped when she saw Ellie carrying a few boxes into one of the smaller houses.

Lia let out a sigh, walking towards the front door of the house and peaking her head in. She smiled slightly when she saw Ellie frowning at the wall, "Whoever thought of this colour in the old world was fucking tasteless," Lia spoke, causing Ellie to turn and look at her with wide eyes.

"Yeah, no shit," Ellie replied. Her eyes went down to Addy, making her grin at the girl.

"It's been a while... thought you might want to actually see her again. You did say you missed her."