13

TRIGGER WARNING: talks of non-consensual sex, pedophilia, miscarriage and suicide

_____________________

Even as days passed, Lia felt extremely tired. The cramping has stopped and so had the bleeding. The only reminder of what happened was the fatigue that consumed the girl.

To kep her mind off of everything, Lia went back to helping Kate in the medical wing. For now, she was just doing light tasks. And, with Lia helping Kate, it meant that the woman could keep an eye on her.

Lia was surprised at how well her room had been cleaned. Besides the completely new sheets, it looked exactly the same.

"Ellie cleaned it up," Leo told his sister, leaning against the bedroom door frame, "She was persistent on doing a good job."

"That was nice," Lia mumbled, looking back at Leo, "You don't need to watch me so closely. Kate cleared me and I'm feeling better."

"Better?" Leo questioned as Lia nodded, "Are you sure?"

"Yeah, just... give me time."

"I just want oyou to be okay," Leo says, "We have a good chance at creating the life we always wanted here. This is the closest hing to normal."

"I know," Lia whispered, "I-I'll get there. I'll get better-"

"I didn't mean it like that," Leo sighed, "There is no timeline. Everything that's ever happened was fucked up. I just... talking about it can help. It's never good to hold shit in and I just want you to be happy."

Lia nodded, but never replied. She didn't know how to talk about everything. Lia didn't even know how to feel happy because she was currently dained, "Look," Lia let out a small sigh, "I'm gonna head out. Get some fresh air."

Leo didn't get to reply as Lia left the house and made her way to the medical wing. She wanted to organize the supplies Kate had after the inventory check. When she walked into the room, Kate frowned slightly at the girl, "Hey, darling, how are you doing?" Lia shrugged at the woman, making her frown deepen, "You know it's your day off. You don't have to do that."

"I don't know what else to do," Lia shrugged. Kate nodded and watched the girl. She noticed the way Lia kept yawning and the slight bags under her eyes.

"Have you been sleeping?" Kate asked, earning a shrug, "You know, many people here have troubles sleeping. It's nothing to be ashamed about. For some, it's overthinking, anxiety. For others, it's because of nightmares-" Kate noticed Lia stiffen, now understanding where the lack of sleep is coming from, "Come on, we're going out."

Lia frowned at the woman, "Where?"

"Just out," Kate said, "I was thinking of something you may like. May help - just follow me."

"Don't you have to work?"

"It's okay. I was finishing up my day any way. Tony is here, so he won't mind."

Lia nodded slowly, letting out a small sigh as she put down the clipboard and followed the woman out of the building. Kate stayed quiet as she walked with the girl. Lia furrowed her eyebrows when she saw Kate walk up to Joel's front door.

Lia leaned on the railing as Kate waited for the man to open the door. When Joel did open the door, he looked at Kate in confusion. His eyes only briefly met Lia's, "Hey, Kate. What are you doin' here?"

"Mind taking us out for a ride?" Joel looked back towards Lia, then at Kate who was giving him a pleading look. He nodded without any question and told them to wait while he got his stuff ready.

Lia looked around, her eyes stopping at the separate garage where she knew Ellie lived. Before she even thought of what she was doing, Lia ]walked over to the girls house.