Chapter Forty Five

Start from the beginning

Separating she then lifts my cup of coffee off the piano and scurries away.

"Hey that's mine" I laugh watching her disappear outside in her leggings and velvet blue coloured hoodie, the twist knot bun was a nice addition and I found myself watching her with a small smile on my lips as she found a spot next to Isabella and Abigail around the firepit on one side of my patio.

"You're staring" Lucian says and I look up at him as he hands me a slightly creamy coffee though the strong blend hadn't been over taken by the Splenda and cream like the first one I made had been.

"How couldn't I" I sigh before taking a sip from the mug Lucian had handed me.

"I'm just as guilty as you Amelia is already out there with the clowns making something for breakfast. Why do girls look so cute with messy buns?".

I laughed and looked over at my friend who wore an admiring smile as he stared at Amelia in such a pure comforting way that I entirely could see that he loved the bubbly girl who was making yogurt cereal blended parfaits from what it looked like from a hundred feet away.

"I can't answer that Harrington, I think it has to do with the innocent look they get with them. The most hard ass girl in the world could put her hair up in a messy bun and it's over, they are instantly cute by general consensus".

"Explains why your aristocrat girlfriend made you fall so hard for her" Lucian teases with an amused look on his face before moving away from my blank one.

"I'm not going to hit you, I'm giving you the don't expose me look" I correct and he hum in sarcastic believing.

"You love her, I can tell. You have this look on your face like if she were to just suddenly vanish you'd be crushed" he observes and I roll my eyes knowing damn well he was right even if I wouldn't admit it.

"If Amelia disappeared from your life, you'd cry for a month".

"You cried when it was over".

The comment strikes me because Lucian was the one I had come to my penthouse the day Scarlett and I separated. I was sitting in my living room thinking about it all, debating pulling out a bottle and solving my problems through drowning in a headache. Common sense spoke first and I stopped, choosing instead to contact my closest friend before I made such a dumb mistake.

"That is different then it would be now. I think you can tell" I comment.

"I can, don't let her go Nathan, typically guys know better and we say don't get attached, or as Zavier put it about three years ago, 'I won't trust a bitch for shit'. You make her happy and she gives you access to a part of yourself that is just for her. Whatever she's doing with you it's helping. Zavier is starting to think you're softening. Well until you'd threatened to throw him off the Syren on New Years" Lucian scoffs.

"He will always be on the chopping block because he doesn't know when to shut up half the time. Aside from that he's a good guy, and I'm glad to have all of you as friends and family".

"We are family".

"I know, doesn't stop any of us from being more like friends" I point out taking another long sip from my mug.

"Let's go kick Theo, and Zavier's asses at volleyball" Lucian suggests and I nod.

"Yeah let's do it" I finalize and we both head upstairs and quickly change before, with perfect timing get back to the living room, and drown the rest of our coffee for energy.

Walking out to the patio Zavier turns and looks at us, and mutters something under his breath. Likely knowing what was about to happen by the look on his face, he guides Theo to the other side and tells August to join me and Lucian.

"How the hell is this fair I'm the shortest one here" Michael mutters.

"You're stocky this will just be fun" I say tossing the ball to Zavier. "Serve Ambrose".

"Gladly" the boy says with a smirk readying before leaping and over hand serving the ball towards the side of the net which hosted the tallest out of all of us boys.

Setting it towards August he spiked it over the net being saved by Michael and soon the ball was back over the net before revisiting the roster every time it left and returned.

We all had taken this a lot more seriously then we needed to, but it was all a part of the fun. All a part of being here with my friends.

Nearly twenty minutes later Amelia beckoned all of us to stop, and thus began the race to the gazebo where she had made very aesthetic looking bowls of yogurt dusted with various fruits, and nuts.

"Take your pick" she says and I wait for everyone else before taking mine and moving to sit on the edge of the pool where the boys had gone, and already begun the daily banter which I knew would only accelerate as the day continued.

Just a filler of the boys being themselves, I also wanted this here since the vacay is the last time things are 'calm', comment, vote, and share. Anyways

Peace