Beginning of the End

Start from the beginning

"Sure. I'll help." I said. "If we don't finish by daybreak, I'll have to leave though. I've got plans of my own."

Punz nodded his 'okay' to my agreement.

"Don't worry." He reassured me. "We'll be done way before then."

I nodded back and turned towards my staircase to head upstairs, since that's where all my valuable stuff was now, other than the single potion of weakness in my pocket.

"Where are you going?" Punz asked suddenly, almost in a worried tone.

I looked back at him, with a confused face that must have said 'isn't it obvious?'.

"To get supplies." I said. "I'm unarmed."

I made another step up the short staircase and Punz interjected again.

"No!" He spoke sharply. Almost like a warning. Why he was acting this way I couldn't tell. Maybe that's just how he was. "No need." His tone calmed down just as quickly as I grew suspicious of it. "I've got some basic supplies, so there's no need to waste your stuff."

I stayed in my position on the stairwell at first. I was more than willing to use my weapons to help. Yet, it would be nice to save supplies for the upcoming battle with Dream. Knowing him, it wouldn't be easy, and we might need to retreat and re-arm ourselves.

"Okay..let's go then. We're wasting moonlight." I said, stepping back down off of the stairwell.

Punz nodded, and we both headed outside.

We went to a seemingly random location. We started off by heading around the side of my house and in the direction of the prison, before stopping in a seemingly plain plot of grass and a few scattered trees, which thickened into woods on all sides. But upon almost walking into the contraption, and Punz stopping me with 'I'd watch your step if I was you', I realized there was a massive man-made hole in the ground, covered by branches and leaves.

Punz handed me a stone sword, and he himself donned an un-enchanted bow. There wasn't much point in using anything better. And besides, Punz said he brought back ups in case these weapons broke.

"Alright, let's get to it." Punz said. I nodded and headed off into the woods around the open area that marked the creeper trap.

Punz didn't move far in the other direction, and we both kept an eye on each other. I didn't quite trust him, seeing as he still had a past history with the Eggpire. And he probably didn't trust me, because I was related to Technoblade. Which was a fair point, I had to admit.

I dodged incoming arrows from skeletons, feeling them zip by me, a mere inches from making contact with my unarmored flesh. Zombies lurched towards me as well and I made quick work beheading them, dis-assembling the skeletons, and getting rid of any mob that crossed my path other than creepers.

When a creeper would stumble out of the darkness or from behind a nearby tree, I would simply yell to get Punz's attention, and move far enough away so that he could lure it to his trap. I hadn't really stopped to think of what he could've used a bunch of electrocuted creepers for. But people do a lot of weird shit around here, so who was I to judge?

This same cycle went on for roughly an hour if I had to guess, and I was in the middle of chasing down a skeleton that had gotten past my defenses and threatened to set off all the creepers, and destroy all of our hard work.

I lunged at the skeleton from behind, not giving it a chance to point it's already knocked bow at me, and pinned it to the ground. I raised my sword up, one foot holding the arm of the skeleton down, so it couldn't shoot, and I swung. Turns out, bone is pretty hard to break through. Which is why I had been aiming for the rib cage each time, essentially collapsing the individual bones in on each other, rather than aiming to break them. But this time, my stone sword, which had already been going for a long time, shattered on the sternum bone.