Family Reunion

TW: blood, graphic imagery, manipulation

"Well, well, well. Would you look at that?" Dream said, slowly lowering the axe from       Y/N's direction. "The whole family is here."

He turned to face Technoblade, who stood in the doorway, a netherite sword- no, not just any, Y/N's netherite sword in hand.

"Step away from her Dream. We can all leave and pretend this never happened." Technoblade said, venom lining his tone of voice as he stepped closer, causing a slight shift in confidence from Dream.

Dream shifted on his feet. Y/N moved slowly to reach for a chair leg she could use as a weapon. Dream saw this, and turned sharply towards her.

"You want to end the festivities so soon?" Dream said mockingly. "The family reunion just started. Come on. Let's have some fun."

Dream quickly reached down, grabbing Y/N's shirt collar and forcing her to her feet, where he held his axe dangerously close to her neck.

"Don't take another step forward." Dream said, his confidence back in place. "Or you might become an only child."

Technoblade stood stock still, twisting the sword hilt in his hand ever so slightly.

"You saw how easily I broke you out of prison, Dream." Technoblade said. "Do you want to find out how easily I can put you back in?"

"I'm afraid my cell might be preoccupied already." Dream said. He raised his one visible eyebrow in a mocking gesture. "Not that you would know anything about that."

Technoblade paced forward again, and Dream
moved back.

"Oh I'm aware of the current occupancy." Technoblade responded, lifting his sword to his shoulder to rest. "But I'm sure we could make some arrangements. If that's really what you want."

"What I want, is for you to leave me. You've done your favor, my affairs are no longer your business." Dream said.

"They became my business when you brought my sister into them." Technoblade said. His tone elevated with anger. "If you really think I'm going to sit by and let this happen, then you're full of shit. So either you're going to let her go, or I'm going to make you. And trust me, you don't want that."

"You really think you're in any place to negotiate?" Dream said, laughing. "And they call me the insane one. Now. You're going to move away from that door, and let me and Y/N leave, or I'll slit her neck right here and let you watch her die. And I like you, Technoblade. I wouldn't want to do that to you."

Technoblade gripped his weapon tighter, the nerves of the decision he was faced with slowly showing in his stance. To anyone normally, you wouldn't be able to tell he was anxious, but Dream saw every bit of it.

Technoblade considered his options quickly. If he made a move to fight, Dream could easily do what he's threatening. Y/N had died twice before, what stopped it from happening a third and final time? Dream wasn't even using a wither-enchanted weapon, but it was still possible.

Her survival in this case was a complete gamble.

On the other hand, he could move aside, and let them go. He could find her again. But what would Dream gain from a little more time?

It made Technoblade uneasy, and Dream could tell he had the advantage back.

Technoblade let out a sigh, and tossed his sword aside, causing Dream to smile behind his broken mask.

"Can I at least talk to her first?" Technoblade said, indicating that he would let Y/N go with Dream afterward.

"Hmm, let me think about that." Dream said, taking no time to consider his response. "No."