Something Isn't Right

3RD PERSON POV

"I CAN'T HOLD IT ANY MORE TOMMY!" Dream called from above Phil's house. His sword was all that stood in between a ton of TNT and Philza's remaining house. But now the machines explosive build up was reaching maximum capacity. The contraption was shaking violently, and smoke was erupting from the seams of the metalwork. An orange glow grew in brightness from the inside. It was only a matter of seconds before the sword would give way, and the explosives would continue raining from the sky, and onto the house Y/N and Tommy were inside of.

"TOMMY!" Dream shouted in one last attempt to hurry him up. "I CAN'T-"

Suddenly, the crystal blue sword snapped in half, causing Dream to fall backwards onto the obsidian. The other half of the sword was lodged in the machinery. For a moment, Dream thought it could hold the machine steady on its own. But then, puffs of smoke and sparks began to emit around the price of sword, and it too began shaking with the rest of the machine, and slowly coming out of the machine.

"Oh shit." Dream said. Right then, the only remaining stopper between the machine and the explosives went flying through the air and to the ground below, clanging into the pit below.

The machines rumbling mayhem of sounds suddenly halted, and for a moment, almost everything was quiet. For a moment.

Then, the machine powered itself back on, red wires lighting up with electricity. A large wave of explosives came firing out from below the machine, hurdling down towards the house below.

The TNT made contact with the remaining shambles of the house, a large cloud of deep grey smoke and fire appearing as a reaction.

"No, no, no!" Dream said as he retrieved an ender pearl and launched it down to the desolated ground below. He hit the ground hard just in time to see the smoke clear.

The house was completely gone. Nothing was left standing in view. And no one.

Dream waited for what felt like several minutes for something, anything to happen to give him a sign that Y/N was alive, and had survived. But the only signs of movement came from the remaining flames that latched on to any untouched wood from the house.

"Please." Dream murmured to himself. "Not again, not like this. I just got her back."

"Got who back?" A voice came from behind Dream.

Dream spun around, and saw Y/N, with her arm wrapped around Tommy's shoulders for support. She stood mostly on one foot, and her clothing as well as Tommy's was absolutely destroyed from the smoke, and their faces darkened from the fiery ash.

"Holy shit." Dream said, embracing Y/N in a hug, being cautious as not to worsen any possible injuries. Y/N returned the hug, and Tommy stepped over to the side a bit.

"I thought you were- nevermind. I'm glad you're okay. You've been through too much lately as it is." Dream said.

Tommy cleared his throat in an exaggerated manner.

"Yea, um. I'm okay too, thanks for asking." Tommy said.

Dream and Y/N stepped out of the hug, and
Y/N used Dream as a support.

"Thank you Tommy, and both of you." Y/N said.

"You're welcome." They both said in sync. They looked over to each other. Tommy made a sarcastic face and Dream returned it from behind his mask.

"I'm surprised you two are capable of working together." Y/N said, laughing through a fit of rough coughs.

"Don't mention it." Dream said casually.

"Seriously. Don't ever." Tommy said with a half serious expression. Tommy looked behind him and around at the desolated L'Manberg. The fight wasn't over. This 'partnership' between him and Dream only happened due to one factor: y/n.

They were still enemies and Dream still had Tommy's disks.

"Well." Tommy said, sighing deeply. "I guess I'll be going. See you, y/n?"

Y/N nodded slightly, although she wasn't sure of when the next time she would see Tommy again would be.

"And I'll be seeing you too I guess." Tommy said, nodding in a more professional way towards Dream. Dream returned the nod, and watched as Tommy took and ender pearl and disappeared.

The two resented each other, it wasn't hard to tell. But that was something Y/N couldn't control. At least not today. Not this war.

Dream looked over at Y/N, who was pushing most of her weight onto him for support.

"What happened in there anyways?" Dream inquired.

"The main entrance was inescapable." Y/N said. "So I hid in the basement. That's when a support beam fell onto my leg. And we had to hurry and get out of there, so I told Tommy to push it off of me since it was too large to lift and we didn't have time to do anything else. But with my curse it should heal relatively fast."

"Well I guess there's some good to curses after all." Dream said.

"I guess." Y/N said.

"Y/N!" A voice yelled. Y/N and Dream looked over to the location of the voice. They both saw BadBoyHalo running over across the destroyed land. He stopped in front of the two and took a moment to catch his breath. "Y-Y/N."

"Hey, Halo." Y/N said in a friendly tone. Dream scowled at him through his mask.

"Y/N!" BBH said again once he caught his breath. "Are you okay?"

"Yea, I'm fine." Y/N said. She figured he had just seen the chaos unfold from a distance. "Just a broken leg, I'll be okay."

BadBoyHalo looked confused for a moment by her response.

"Your leg?" He asked to no one in particular. He looked behind Y/N and saw the destroyed house and black food prints leading away from it and made the connection. "Oh your leg. Yea. That's- that's... yea. Well I hope it gets better soon."

Y/N and Dream we're taken aback slightly by BBH's response.

"Uh...yea." Y/N said awkwardly. "What else did you think?"

BadBoyHalo stood up straighter and rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly.

"Well, you know..." he said. "I saw you over here, and I thought something was wrong. I mean, by the way you look- no. Sorry. I mean, you're standing. I mean, yea you're standing up obviously. But you- the way you're leaning- okay I don't know. I was just making sure you were feeling okay."

Dream and Y/N just looked at BadBoyHalo with confused expressions.

"Oh nevermind." BadBoyHalo said. "Just- let me know if you need anything."

And with that BBH walked away from where he came from without another word.

Dream and Y/N looked at each other.

"Well that was weird." Dream said abruptly.

"Yea...well that's him I guess." Y/N responded.

"And you lived with that guy for...how long now?" Dream said in a teasing manner.

The two laughed together for a moment.

"Come on, let's go." Y/N said. "It was probably nothing anyways."

It was probably nothing.

Probably.