Eternity

Did I really want to be immortal?

On the one hand, if I knew with 100% certainty that I was fully immortal and had no weaknesses, I could show that piece of shit Dream what he's dealing with. I could protect Tommy and everyone else.

On the other hand, I don't know what full immortality would entail. Many times I had wished I had never been given that stupid ring, and that I didn't have to deal with the demands from voices in my head.

But if I was no longer immortal, I'd be more vulnerable than I am now. How would I protect  Tommy?

Granted, he's perfectly mortal and has held his own fairly well for a long time.

"If I said yes, would the curse still apply?" I asked.

"Not necessarily." DreamXD responded. "Take Foolish here. He's immortal. No side effects. Y̷̠̓e̸̳̎t̵̼̏."

"Did you just say 'yet'?" Foolish asked.

"The point is it's possible so far as I know. And I know ą̶̅ ̵̲̕l̷̹͆ò̸̪ť̵̰." DreamXD responded.

"Wait wait wait, what do you mean 'yet'?" Foolish interjected again. He stepped in front of me and towards XD, who pushed his hand out and shoved Foolish backward in the sand.

"Shut up Foolish. Don't worry about something that hasn't happened yet." XD responded. He turned back to me. "So what do you say?"

"There's no other catch?" I asked, crossing my arms.

Forgive me for finding it suspicious that a random god I met out in the desert wants to hand me free immortality.

"You just hand out eternal life to anyone?" I asked.

"No. My gifts are special. And I can see you only want to use your power for good. The second that would change, I would s̴̖̑t̵̬̓r̷̰̒i̵̯̊p̵̰̚ ̴͇̾y̶̺̕ŏ̴̩u̶̩͠ ̶̱͂o̷̟̓f̶̹͊ ̵͓̆ẏ̴̻o̶͖̒ṳ̵̈́r̵̠̋ ̴̫̀l̸̜͒i̷̩͗f̶̯̏e̵̺̚ ̷̯̎a̵͇͑l̷̖͌l̴̰͌ ̵̧̋t̶̠̅o̸̠͗g̴̙̍e̷͎͝t̵͍̔h̴͆ͅḛ̵́r̷̦̈."

"You would kill her?!" Foolish asked. "That's harsh XD, even for you."

I held up my hand to interject Foolish's rebuttal.

"No. It's good." I responded. "If Dream, or the Egg, or anything else successfully uses me, I don't want to live to create chaos and hurt innocent people. Not again."

"Alright. Let's do it then." XD responded.

"Out here? In the middle of the desert?" Foolish asked. "Odd place to give someone the gift of eternity."

"Foolish that's literally where I gave you immortality."

"Okayyyy, but there was at least some scenery."

"Fine. We'll go to the statue."

"Yes!" Foolish responded.

"You just wanted to show off the statue you built, didn't you?" XD asked dryly.

"I will neither confirm nor deny that."

"Fine." XD said sighing. "It's acceptable seeing as the statue is me after all. Come on."

—————

We approached a portion of the desert filled with massive architectural designs, all which looked small in comparison of the main piece. A massive reconstruction of DreamXD. We walked to the base of the statue, Foolish going on and on the whole time about the architectural integrity and design work of this statue.