As You Wish

I ran back from where I had come from, jumping across the missing gaps in the pathway caused by the wither. I found myself on the doorstep of Dream's temporary house where he let me stay for several days.

I knocked on the wooden door, hard. The door was locked, and after several moments of waiting, no one came. Of course he wasn't here. When was he ever?

I ran down the pathway to the ocean dock. Several wooden boats with intricate design bobbed up and down in the water, tied to the wooden dock by some rope. I quickly made my way into one of the boats, and untied the string. The boat began floating away gently. I reached into my back pocket and retrieved a compass that Wilbur had given me when I first arrived at L'Manberg.

I guess now was as good as any time to learn to steer a boat. I used some loose string to fasten the compass in front of me, and then grabbed the two oars positioned on either side of me. I began pushing against the immense weight of the water. It felt like I was trying to row through freshly laid cement.

After about ten minutes, I felt as though I had traveled about 5 feet. But when I looked back over my shoulder, I could barely make out the shore, with only the tallest and most prominent buildings in view.

I kept going on for what I presumed to be at least an hour of travel. Of course, I could have just used the physics of the nether to travel twice as fast, but with the sounds of whispers back in my head, I figured that to be a bad idea.

Eventually, I reached Tommy's abandoned camp. Once I tied my boat to the makeshift pier, I stepped out. I nearly lost my balance at first, readjusting to gravity's pull. Everything was nearly destroyed. I surveyed the area for anything of use, or anything that Tommy may have wanted to take with him that he didn't have the chance to grab.

"He's not here." A voice came from behind me.

I spun around, hand on my sword. A familiar, and transparent, face stood, smiling, dressed in an orange attire with a bluish tone to his skin.

"Oh, Ghostbur, its you." I said. "Yea I know Tommy doesn't stay here anymore. I was just making sure that he hadn't left anything important behind."

"I don't think so." Ghostbur's voice echoed. "After Dream came, everything disappeared."

"Oh, I see." I said to myself. Dream made it really hard to sympathize for him when he did stuff like this.

"Do you want to meet my Friend?" Ghostbur asked.

"Your friend?" I asked. I needed to inform my brother and Tommy of recent events, but I figured I had a few moments to spare.

"Yea, come on." Ghostbur said. He reached his hand out to grab my own, but it passed right through me. "Oh yea."

I laughed.

"It's fine, you lead, I'll follow." I said.

We headed through the woods to where a small farm of sorts was. Roaming around inside of a fenced area was a sheep with royal blue wool.

"This is Friend!" Ghostbur said excitedly, laughing to himself. "He's a sheep."

"I see that." I said, smiling. "Did you dye his wool blue?"

"No. I just found him like that." Ghostbur said. "I always give everyone else blue, but Friend is my blue."

I smiled. Ghostbur was every sweet and caring part of the old Wilbur.

"Hey what's that?" Ghostbur asked, pointing towards my pocket. The compass was hanging out by a metal chain.

"Oh this." I said. "Well you- I mean, a good friend of mine gave it to me. It feels like a long time ago."