What if

But what if the egg wasn't trying to talk to me?

What if it was talking to something inside of me?

I woke up, drenched in sweat. My breathing was heavy, and it's sound filled the quiet room. I sat up in my bed, recovering. The room was pitch black other than the dim light that was shone throw the curtains from the moon. I stood up and swept my feet from under my bed. My bare feet hit the cool tiled floor of BBH's mansion. I walked over to my window on, and pulled open the curtains. It was the middle of the night. The land was quiet, no one in sight.
I breathed a sigh of relief. Just a nightmare. In my sleep, I had dreamt of the egg, and BBH, as well as some other people I had never really talked to. Captain Puffy, I believe her name was, and Skeppy. Strange. They were....different though. Bad was the most diverse. Completely apart from his usually self. It's like the egg was possessing them. They were...hurting people. People that didn't conform to the egg were killed, then and there. As a sacrifice to it. It may have just been a bad dream, but it got me thinking: what if when I first encountered the egg, it wasn't conversing with me, but rather the voices in my head? Seems impossible.

I heard footsteps down below me. My senses were heightened from years of battle training. For as long as I was here, I could recognize different sets of footprints. It was Bad. His soft shoed walking style was nearly impossible to hear. But it was there. I looked up to the other side of my room.

4:15 am.

What was BBH doing up so early?

I walked out into the long hallway. The tiled floor sent shivers up my spine. I was only wearing sweatpants and a t-shirt. And it was the middle of winter. Not the greatest career choice, but oh well. I walked down the long spiral staircase to see BBH opened up the main door with one hand, a large box in the other.

"Halo?" I asked, sleepily.

BBH jumped a little, before closing the door and turning to look at me.

"Y/N?" BBH said. "What are you doing up?"

"I should ask you the same thing." I said. I walked down the remaining stairs. "I had a bad dream. Now your turn."

I crossed my arms, and leaned against the stair rail post.

"I'm going to feed the egg." He said, simply.

This made the hairs on my arms stand up. It made me think of the nightmare I had just awoke from where BBH was helping to sacrifice others to the plant. But that was just a dream. Right?

"Feed...it?" I asked. "Feed it what?"

"Rotten flesh." BBH said. "It's just like any other plant. You have to take care of it."

"Yea but, rotten flesh?" I said. It was probably just my imagination getting the best of me, I thought. But I had to make sure. "Like zombie flesh?"

"Of course." BBH said. "What else?"

"I don't- I don't know." I said. "I guess I'm just tired. Goodnight."

"Night muffin." He responded.

I laughed and walked back upstairs, rubbing my eyes. I heard the iron door shut beneath me.

As I lay in bed I contemplated the situation of BBH. This thing wouldn't really change him, would it? BBH was caring for it because that's who he was. The type of person he is. It's just a dream y/n. Everything's going to be fine.

I hope.

Sorry for the super short chapter. I have an idea of where I want things to progress to, I'm just not sure how to get there. I also want to make sure to pick up as much lore as possible. If you didn't know already, this story is going to be ongoing, including y/n in the ever changing lore of the SMP. So, if you guys have any ideas let me know.

Byeeee