Wither

"Are you sure you want to do this, Tommy?" Wilbur asked.

"Yes." Tommy responded, with no hesitation. "I have to."

"Very well." Wilbur said. "We will eagerly await your return."

With that, Tommy set out beyond the devastated war-stricken lands of L'Manberg, and made his way into the SMP territory. The team was walking away from the community portal, whcih Tommy has not yet noticed was shattered and broke, and towards the community house.

"Hey!" Tommy yelled. "I want to discuss the war."

Dream turned around abruptly.

"You have nothing left to talk about." He said. "Go home."

"The discs." Tommy responded.

Dream stopped dead in his tracks.

"What?" He responded.

"My disks, both of them, for L'Manberg's freedom, and Y/N"

Dream walked over to Tommy, and held out his hand. Tommy placed the disks in his hands. Dream smiled at his victory.

"It's a deal."

Dream started walking away.

"Wait!" Tommy said. "Are you going to get      y/n?"

"Oh, yea, her." Dream said, laughing. "When you find her, you can keep her."

"What happened?!" Tommy demanded. "What the hell do you mean by 'when I find her'?"

"She went into that nether portal over there, but now..." Dream trailed off.

Tommy followed Dream's line of sight to see the dismantled nether portal.

"But...we don't have the stuff to fix that." Tommy said quietly. L'Manberg had already exhausted what little valuable resources it had in the war.

"Not my problem." Dream said, and walked away.

Tommy's spirits sank. If y/n was trapped in the nether, there was no getting her back.

But Tommy wasn't about to give up on her. Even if everyone else did.

"Be careful, woman," Tommy said. "We will come back for you. Somehow, someway."

______________________________

(y/n perspective)

I woke up in a nearly pitch black room on one of the most comfortable beds I had ever slept on. Wow. That was such a crazy dream. The castle, Dream, all of it. I leaned up, my head was pounding with an indescribable pressure.

"Shit." I said. "What kind of fucking nightmare was that?"

I stood up and steadied myself. The room I was in had a vibrant pink fur. Pink? The royal crest was always symbolized with purple and gold. I guess they were trying out something new. I walked to the blue tinted door. I could barely see, and there was no light source in sight. I reached around, trying to find the door knob. My hand finally reached it, and I gripped the metal handle.

"Ow!" I said, a natural reflex to the surpassing hot temperature of the door knob.

I rolled my sleeve up around my hand, and quickly yanked the door open. I walked down a long hallway, where I could see a sliver more of light towards the end. When I reached the corridors end, I realized the light was protruding from iron barred windows. They were elevated high above my line of sight. I could now see I was walking on  a shiny, crimson brick. In fact, the walls and ceiling were made of the same material. Strange. I used some loose bricks to try and pull myself up to the windows view. I grabbed a hold of the burning hot iron bar and used my strength to support myself.

Outside was lava and wasteland as far as I could see. There were strange pig-like creatures running around outside.

Shit. No no no. It can't be. It was a dream. It wasn't supposed to be real. It was a - Dream.

That green cape wearing bitch. He was behind all of this. I never should have listened to some stupid demonic voice inside of my head. What was I thinking. In fact, where was I?

Thwack.

An arrow lodged itself in the wall right next to me, instantly disintegrating. I turned around and dropped down from where I was hanging on to.

A skeleton stood before me. It was far from normal. Skeletons already creeped me out, more than any other mob. But this one...It stood loose jointed, quickly making its way towards me. It was frail, and it's bones were withered down, and color deprived.

Another arrow was flying at me. I dodged it. Actually... now that I thought about it, it wouldn't matter, I couldn't die.

I laughed a laugh with a tone of craziness that should have concerned me. But I didn't care. After all I'd been through, getting shot by a skeleton was like a carnival ride. More thrill than pain.

I stood, arms spread out. The skeleton stopped. It looked confused. But its confusion turned to anger. It released an arrow, and it lodged itself in my forearm. The singeing pain was unbearable, before the arrow instantly faded away. And so did the temporary pain.

I looked back up at the skeleton, and smiled. I had no concept of fear anymore. No mob could scare me. I ran at the skeleton and stabbed it, my sword lodging through its rib cage, before it disintegrated, a pile of dust replacing its bony form.

And then the pain kicked in. Searing pain, spreading from the source of my arrow wound. It spread throughout my entire body, making my crumble to the ground. Every inch of my body was lit in firey pain. I felt like how I imagined the skeleton did when it vanished into nothing. I couldn't bring myself to stand up. My muscles were tense, and I was rolled into a ball, my hands holding my stomach. I let out screams of pain.

What the hell?

I had never felt anything like it. Sure I felt pain, I wasn't invincible. But nothing as bad as this.

Another skeleton clanked down the hallway, this one holding a sword.  It marched up to me, and looked down, a lifeless void filling the spots where eyes should be. It raised its sword with both of its boney hands, connected by loose decaying tissue, the sword's stone tip was facing my chest. I couldn't bring myself to move. It was too unbearable. How was this thing even able to harm me? I closed my eyes, and turned away.

I heard the clash of metal, and then silence.

I turned back over and looked back up. Standing there was a man wearing a maroon colored cape, held together by gold tassels, beneath was a white blouse. His hair was a dirty pink-grey color. It was a little under shoulder length. His face was half covered by a makeshift pig mask of sorts. He held a diamond sword. His hair had changed from the last time I had seen him, but I knew this man anywhere: My brother.

"Y/N?" Technoblade said. "I see you're awake."

"I wish I wasn't" I grunted back. I was still in severe pain.

"Here, drink this." He said. He kneeled down, and retrieved a bottle full of milk. It was cold in my hands, and this common overworld elixir felt heavenly down here, helping to cool me off. I felt my body's aches wash off of me. And after a minute, I could stand.

I stood before my brother, who I hadn't seen in almost 6 years. I thought he was gone.

"You shouldn't have left your room. I would have been back soon. And besides, you clearly know nothing about the nether. And regarding your idiocy to just let a skeleton shoot you with an arrow. There are some things that curses can't even protect against. Also-"

During Techno's rant, I ran and embraced him in a hug, my face against the woolen cape and blouse. He had his arms sprawled out, surprised by my reaction to his scolding. After a moment, he returned the hug. His hand stroked my hair, and for once, I was at peace.

"C'mon" He said, in his gruff, yet to me, comforting voice. "Let's go home."