Rebirth

I felt a familiar warm glow emerge from my chest, above my injury. My breath returned to my lungs, and my injury healed, partially. My curse, a totem of undying crafted into a ring, cursed with binding and something much worse, had revived me, as I had hoped. My stomach was severely injured, and I used the broken walls around me to stand up. I grunted softly in pain. I really didn't know why, but unlike normal totems of undying, my ring never broke. Meaning, yes, immortality. But it had a cost.

I finally processed my surroundings. All of my friends lay unconscious and severely injured. Dream and his team, as well as the traitor, Eret, walked down the hallway, laughing. Laughing?! No. Unacceptable.

"Hey!" I yelled at them. I coughed from the pain of my stomach wound, feeling the taste of metal in my mouth. "I'm not done yet."

They turned to look at me in surprise. Dream pushed his way to the front of the groups.

"what?" Dream said, utter annoyance and disbelief in his voice.

"Dude I thought you killed him." Sap so said.

"I did." Dream said. "Guess the recruit is stronger than I thought."

He walked over to me sword raised.

"Take off your mask, I want to know who I'm fighting." Dream said.

"You first." I responded.

"Ha. That's the difference. People know me. I have a reputation. I'm Dream. You though, you're nobody." Dream said.

I was furious at Dream now. I ripped my mask off and threw it to the other side of the room. I pulled my cloak hood down and undid my hair.

The group whispered in the background.

"You're a girl." Dream said, pondering something.

"Why? Afraid to get beat?" I asked.

"No." He said. "I was just thinking about how this explains your fighting style: bad."

My eyes flashed pure hatred toward him. I ran in, using full force. We fought, but I was injured, I didn't stand a chance. He slashed at my ankle, causing my to fall over in pain, now on my knees again. 

"This time..." Dream began. "I wouldn't recommend getting up. Or I'll make sure to finish the job."

As they walked away, I collapsed onto the ground from exhaustion. My body went limp and I passed out, with the last thing I saw being the others slowly standing up. Everything went black.

Sorry for the short chapter, I had to get this part in. New updates tomorrow! Let me know if you like the story so far!