Eighteen Years

Time flowed differently in-between the reality Walker was in and the reality that Sans and Papyrus were in. What had been one year for Walker had been eighteen long years for them. Papyrus never had the chance to meet his father, Sans had to raise him from the time he was a baby and with Wingdings Gaster nonexistent in their world, their reality, Sans had no money, no house and no family. To say the first few years was hard was an understatement. He had to drop out of school and lie about his age to get a bunch of jobs that a seven year old really shouldn't be working in order buy the house they had. Sans didn't blame Wingdings, no, he blamed the fallen human. Swore revenge on them, hunted down every fallen human and delivered the six souls to Asgore. He wasn't going to let it happen again, nobody he cared about was going to die again as long as he was there to kill them first. Then Frisk came and all his ideals were flipped on their damn head. They couldn't die. They killed. They broke Sans and everything he ever believed in.

《》

This was bad. Papyrus knew it. He'd been trying to get home from the MTT Resort when he got cornered by the human on the catwalks, a knife in their hand. "HUMAN, YOU DON'T HAVE TO DO THIS! YOU CAN BE GOOD, I KNOW IT!" Papyrus tried to talk them down. Frisk took a step forward. Papyrus took a step back. His back pressed against the rail. He could easily get shoved over the edge into the magma below and that scared him. "PLEASE HUMAN, WE COULD FORGET THIS EVER HAPPENED! WE COULD BE FRIENDS!" They snapped forward and Papyrus tried to get away, only for him to totter off, barely catching the rail as Sans shoved the human away. "papyrus! hang on bro, i gotcha!" Sans leaned over to get a better hold of Papyrus soul to lift his brother back up with his magic. He almost had Papyrus too, he was so close- But Frisk shoved Sans and Sans lost hold of Papyrus. The younger went plunging into the depths with Sans right behind him. How bitterly familiar this was... at least this time, Papyrus wasn't dying alone...

《》

The brothers felt tingly, like that feeling one would get when your foot falls asleep. It spread through their frames, making their head feel fuzzy. They felt sapped all of a sudden, drained of magic. Papyrus was faintly aware of landing on something hard and smooth. He didn't feel it though, his body was numb. His mind was numb. Sans was just slightly more aware. Warm substances spilled onto him as he fought to stay awake. He was failing miserably though. He thought he could hear voices? Alphys and Undyne? Was it all a dream? Or was he sinking further into a nightmare? Sans didn't have the time to figure it out as he finally slipped away into the unknown.