𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐔𝐬𝐮𝐚𝐥...

"The sun and moon may be total opposites but they are quite a sight when they align."

-Nova
_______________

I watched Sukia walk back and forth in our room. The pretty brunette had just showered and she was putting on her armor even with her short, dark hair dripping wet. The look on her face said that her mind was elsewhere, and not in a good way.

Could she be thinking about their mission from Grasp of Avarice? It was a rocky one that really put her's and Frost's trust to the test. But when it came down to it, they still always came back to each other. Still.. I bet she still feels bad about walking away from him and leaving him with that other fireteam.

Me being me, I couldn't sit by and watch my Guardian be down in the dumps. As Sukia finished adjusting her cloak, I flew over and bounced off her head like a ball. "I've never seen you move that slow since I found you! Losing that fire?"

Sukia squeaks an "Ow!" before flashing me a feisty glare. "Wh- I- you annoying little bastard- I'm sleepy! Do you mind?!"

I gave a hearty laughed over the fact I caught her off guard by so much that she struggled to even make words. Bouncing off of her wavy, dark brown hair got my Ghost shell wet and when I spun around to face her, droplets of water fly off of me. In the morning sunlight through the window, the flying droplets of water sparkled brightly like my shell. "C'mon, Suki, lets go get our partners! I hear some loot in the Cosmodrome calling your name."

Sukia's sassy scowl eased into a small smile as she stared up at me. "Yeah, yeah, that's the plan. Lets move." She says before opening the door and stepping out with me floating at her side.

Still on the west side of the Tower, Frost's quarters wasn't too far from ours but his ways upstairs in the complex. Sukia heaved an annoyed sigh. "This is so fucking stupid man. His place is so much bigger than mine!"

"Not by much, Suki." I try to calm her until the realization crossed my mind. "Hmm. It might seem bigger cause he actually has a living room and kitchen meanwhile yours is all in your bedroom..." Sukia's glare makes me trail off and I quickly realized my attempt to calm her was a complete waste now. "Eh heh.. I mean, it's not that much better..."

"Whatever." Sukia says while grabbing the doorknob.

I jumped in surprise with a hasty protest. "H- hey! Wait, you can't just barge in like that! At least knock!"

With a twist of her wrist, the door opened with no reluctance. "Hmph. He didn't lock it so I guess he doesn't care." My stubborn Guardian says before walking in anyways.

"Suki! Suki!!" I whisper-shouted before looking both ways nervously then flying after Sukia indoors.

Once I was inside, Sukia closed the door behind me and we gazed around. Unlike Sukia's quarters, Frost's was very neat and orderly. It made me stop and stare in shock since I was so used to seeing trash and clothes thrown all over the place.

"Oh wow!" I excitedly chirp and zoom forward to look around, completely forgetting that we just barged in unannounced. Apart from being organized, he didn't have any extra belongings. In his living room was a sofa, tv, a long coffee table between the two, and a tall lamp in the corner with a bookshelf in the other corner of the room. I flew over to the bookshelf that was stacked full with multiple series. "Hmm. He seems to really like fantasy novels."