𝐈𝐧𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐌𝐢𝐧𝐝 (Part 1)

"So you're gonna be busy again tonight?" Sukia asked the Exo while twirling one of his knives and leaning against his table of maps.

"Yeah. Sorry, Sooks. You know Vanguard business. We can have a drink tomorrow night, sound good?" Cayde tries to comfort her as she makes a pouting face with hypnotizing puppy dog eyes.

So cute. I sighed with agitation as I watched them, remembering I lost count of how many times I let her have her way because she gave me that look.

"You're becoming a real bore lately." she mumbled.

"Hey now! Don't say that." the Exo tried to defend himself while brushing some of Sukia's dark brown locks behind her ear.

Sukia was quiet for a moment then looked from side to side and she noticed that there were no Tower workers around and even Holliday was missing from her usual station. A mischievous smirk crossed my sly Guardian's dark pink lips as she turned back to Cayde-6 and wrapped her arms around his neck, pressing her chest against his with the devil in her green eyes. "Maybe you can make up for that right now?"

"Ah I do love it when you look at me like that." Cayde grinned back as he gripped her hips and picked her up to set the brunette down on his table and knocking over a few things in the process.

Not again. I tried and failed to nonchalantly look the two Hunters way while whispering to Sundance "They wouldn't dare.."

"Them? Absolutely!" she said with humor in her tone.

Does she think this is funny?! ..Or is she laughing at me??

I was about to sass the female Ghost but before I could I heard a loud "AHEM" and the four of us looked in the direction of the Guardian that just arrived. As if my prayers to the Traveler were answered there was Frost with Nova standing there with his arms crossed and not a very happy expression on his face.

Sukia's cheeks lit up red as Cayde quickly took a few steps away from her and almost fell over in the process before clearing his throat. "Guardian! Uh, nice to see you! H- how can I help you?"

"I'm here for Sukia." Frost said bluntly while uncrossing his arms and waving his teammate over. "Lets go. Ikora wants to speak with us."

A very grumpy expression crossed my annoyed Guardian's face as she glared at Frost for a solid five seconds before heaving a dramatic sigh and sliding off of Cayde-6's table. "Coming, coming.. See ya, Cayde."

"Good luck, Fireteam Eclipse!" Cayde tried to talk like the vanguard leader he was but was clearly still struggling to get himself back under composure. As the four of us left the Hangar I could hear Sundance laughing at her Guardian from afar.

As the two Hunters made their way across the Hangar it was Sukia who broke the silence first. "...You're an asshole."

Her curt grumble earned a sigh from Frost as if he had been waiting for it. "You shouldn't be so informal in public with the leader of the Hunters, Sukia. What would happen if you both got caught, huh?" Frost lectured his teammate.

"I don't need you to look after me, dad. Mind your own business!" My cranky Guardian sassed him. The two continued to bicker all the way to the Hall of Guardians. I on the other hand was more than grateful that Frost arrived when he did.

As soon as the fireteam arrived to Ikora, the Warlock was looking out to the Last City through the biggest window clearly deep in thought but snapped out of it upon our arrival and looked at us. "Fireteam Eclipse. Just who I wanted to see, thank you for coming. There's been a "development" on Mercury. Vex activity surged exponentially at the same time I received an SOS transmission from.. Osiris."