𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐚𝗺

(Play the video above for background music~)

"The sun and moon always align eventually."

-Nova
___________

By the time they were finished with the Nightfall dusk had already fallen on the Tower. As soon as the three returned back to the Tower, the Commander was unexpectedly there to greet them and tell them they did a good job eliminating Kargen and his forces. But as the three fixed to disband for the evening Zavala lifted a hand, "Sukia. Do you have a moment?"

Sukia and I stopped and turned around to face the Awoken when he spoke up. "Sir?" Sukia was the first to speak up, at least showing a little bit of respect to the one who lead the Guardians.

"I wanted to say you did well in that Nightfall. And I must apologize, I was the one who paired you up with Frost. Despite your defeat in the Crucible, I wanted you to see that you both were meant to make each other stronger. After all, Guardians are stronger together. Here." Zavala gives her the legendary sidearm Buzzard. "Have a good evening.. Guardian." The Titan turned back to the Last City.

"Looks like it's got some good perks on it." I commented while inspecting her other newest weapon.

"Uh.. th- thank you, Commander." Sukia stuttered a little as if she forgot how to speak for a moment while staring at the gun that she received from the Commander himself, the Awoken giving her a gentle smile and acknowledged nod as he passes her. The excited smile that lit up her usually grumpy face was enough to even make me a little giddy.

"Today was a pretty good day, wouldn't you say?" I chirped while following my Guardian to our quarters.

"Yeah.. it was, wasn't it? I—..." Sukia stopped talking and stopped in her tracks. I followed her gaze to what had made her halt. Leaning against the wall with his arms crossed was Frost with Nova hovering at his side.

The two looked at us as soon as we arrived and the white haired man stood up straight, his unnatural hair color shining an orange tint under the sunset's dimming light. "Sukia.. I wanted to talk to you about something." The man's serious tone took me by surprise that he would approach her so forwardly.

"What do you want?" Sukia asked instead of immediately telling him to get lost like she normally did. I looked at her then back to Frost, thankful that she didn't because I wanted to hear what he had to say too.

"I know how you really feel about me.. You hate me and I don't understand why. But all I do know is that you're very strong. Stronger than anyone else I've fought beside. Do you know why we're so strong?" Frost asked her. When Sukia's only response was silence he continued on, "I believe it's because we're the Traveler's dual swords. You and me are the blades that will slay any god and keep humanity safe from anything that threatens it." Frost reached out his hand to her for the second time since meeting her. "Lets form a fireteam, Sukia. Just you and me. Together, we'll be unstoppable."

Sukia remained silent as she looked down at his hand. Her olive green gaze narrowed, obviously about to decline either out of stubbornness or pride. Frost noticed this. So before she could even say a word, he removed his glove and pulled out a dagger from his belt before slicing his palm open, his blood giving a small splat onto the ground because of how deep he made it. There was no pain shown on his face within eye contact, the white haired man showing how serious he was. Even Nova was taken aback by how deep Frost cut himself.

This time Sukia's narrowed eyes widened with surprise. She then smirked with a "heh" before removing her glove as well. The brunette forged a knife made of fire with her Light before slicing her palm open equally as deep. The cut was burnt around the edges and sizzled. Sukia then grasped his bleeding hand with her own. "Alright, you got my attention... I accept. But you're not my boss! Got it?"

Frost's serious expression finally relaxed into a grateful smile when she accepted his offer, "I wouldn't even try."

I stared at my Guardian in shock that she accepted his offer out of all offers she's received. Did she actually listen to me last night? Or is it because she's already in a good mood from receiving two new weapons and a compliment from the Commander? Whatever the reason, I was very happy that she put away her pride and put her duties as a Guardian first.

I then looked down at their clasped hands as they bled in unison. This was the first time I've seen Sukia acknowledge someone as her equal, as well as making a lifelong vow.

"Our fireteam will need a name. Any ideas?", Nova asks as the white and gold Ghost floats from one side of Frost's shoulder to the other.

"Eclipse." Frost spoke up before anybody could get a word in. When I looked his direction I saw the man staring off into the sunset, the sun hidden behind the Traveler and it looked similar to a solar eclipse. "Fireteam Eclipse." he repeated.

Sukia rubbed the back of her neck with a sigh before giving a shrug of her shoulders

Sukia rubbed the back of her neck with a sigh before giving a shrug of her shoulders. "Well. It could be worst I guess."

Frost smiled down at her, noticing how when his silver eyes met her green ones for once there was no hostility in hers. "See you tomorrow. Partner."

"Yeah, yeah." Sukia waved him off while walking past him and to the door that lead to her room and I floated after her. Before flying inside after her I glanced back at Frost and Nova one last time, seeing that Frost still hadn't moved from his spot and that their was a warm smile on his lips as he watched her go. For once I couldn't wait for what tomorrow had to offer.

As I followed Sukia into our small quarters she just immediately flopped down into her bed with a tired sigh.

"You're not gonna change out of your armor?" I asked while floating over her head and she just groaned some muffled words into her pillow that I couldn't make out. I chuckled a little at her silliness and left her be, knowing she had an eventful day today and probably something just as busy tomorrow.

"Do you at least want me to heal your hand?" I ask her.

Sukia rolled onto her back and stared at her wounded hand. The bleeding had stopped. "..No. This is fine."

I give a curious tilt of my shell. If I didn't heal it with Light, the deep cut on her hand would undoubtedly scar. But I didn't question her decision. The only answer I could think if is that this scar will have meaning to her.