𝐅𝐫𝗼𝐬𝐭

After the events with Lakshmi-2 and Sukia battling Omnigul, the FWC immediately kept their distance to my unruly Guardian. However something told me that this isn't going to be the last we'll see of them.

Sukia continued to work of Cayde-6. From scouting out lands, discovering Lost Sectors, doing patrols, and even assassinations. He even continued to train her how to use her Light. The explosive, uncontained power definitely left a shock to the Vanguard, for they have never dealt with anything like it before. The Speaker believes that the Traveler sent her to us for a reason, that she is the hero that we need. And I truly believe that too.

Months pass and Sukia was quickly making a name for herself. She was unmatched in the Crucible and untamed on the battlefield. All the Vanguard strikes Sukia took part in were given to her straight from Cayde-6 who clearly thought highly of her, hence why he sent her on the most difficult missions that he knew she could accomplish. And I was at her side the whole way.

On each strike Sukia always took the lead, commanding her teammates and leading them to victory each time. Her fireteam obeyed her without question, simply because she had proven she had excellent instincts in a fight. Or maybe it was her commanding aura? By the way she barked orders and took command of the situation it confirmed my suspicions even more that Sukia was a soldier in her past life. Probably a captain or commander of a squad long, long ago..

Many Guardians wanted to form a fireteam with Sukia and she was getting sent daily invites to join clans. Each message was normally along the lines "You'd be a perfect addition" or something cheesy. But, as I knew she would, Sukia declined them all. The only time she was in a fireteam was on strikes. Other than that.. my unruly Guardian was a loner.

Sukia and Cayde-6's intimate relationship remained a secret to public but she was indeed well known for being Cayde's protégé. Ikora seemed to have her suspicions, as expected from the intelligent Warlock, but they always kept their affections for each other in private. Naturally I grew close with Cayde's ghost, Sundance. On almost every night of the week Sukia and Cayde would go out drinking at the local saloon in the Last City. While the two would drink, me and Sundance would have enjoyable conversations about our adventures all night long. More than once my troublesome Guardian would get blackout drunk and Cayde would end up escorting her back to her quarters in the Bazaar. Or, much to my disliking, he would take her back to his quarters if she was in pretty bad condition. Things continued like this for a while.. and I was content. I was happy.

Morning came and signaled Sukia to wake up by filtering bright sunlight from her window and onto her face. "It's time to get up, Suki. It's almost noon." I spoke softly cause I knew the pretty Hunter had a busting headache due to her hangover. She overdid it again last night.. poor Cayde.

Sukia groaned and covered her face with an arm while trying to wave me off. "Can't I just have a day off?"

"I'm afraid not. Cayde-6 said he had an important assignment for you today. I'm sure you want to see him again." I put a bit too much emphasis on the 'sure' and Sukia peeked up at me with an annoyed look in her eyes.

"The fuck is that suppose to mean?! Stop being an ass, Shim!" Sukia yelled at me while sitting up, clearing up and wide awake now.

A chuckle escaped me as I saw her pretty face start to flush red and I couldn't help but find it incredibly cute. "Come on, Suki, lets get going."

We crossed the Plaza on our way to the Hall of Guardians but we both noticed that it was a bit busier than usual. "Something happen, Shimmer?" The brunette asked me with a yawn and I looked over to the group of people that crowded a fireteam that seemed like they had just returned from a tough mission. Out of the three of them it was the Hunter in the center with a Ghost that had the Battle-Worn Shell, a white shell with golden markings and four spikes, that caught my attention the most. The tall man had unusual snow white hair and was noticeably handsome, his armor seemingly unscathed after returning from such a difficult mission. But what surprised me the most is his Light that I could sense from across the Tower Plaza.. it was strong. Strong enough to rival Sukia's.