Chapter Forty Four

Start from the beginning

Getting to the top of the stairs I walked out and moved towards the front of the boat past the server room where one deck below was the bridge of the yacht. Looking out over the front I was watching many of the smaller boats avoiding the Syren.

As the boats moved I saw many of them nodding to me as I leaned on the steel railing while in the distance I noticed a helicopter moving towards my boat.

On schedule as expected.

"Excuse me, I have to tell the Captain to stop once we are clear of the other smaller boats" I say to Arilynn who nodded as I disappeared back inside the boat.

Weaving my way through the halls I stopped as I pushed open the door to the wheelhouse and looked to Damien who seemed like he was awaiting me.

"The helicopter has been directed to the helipad sir" Damien says as I look around the equipment and instruments that I'd special ordered for this boat.

"Perfect, I hope none of them complained" I say with a vacant look.

"No sir, they actually said they were excited" he informs looking down at the digital map in front of him. "We'll be stopping about a hundred meters out from where the rest of the marina was willing to go, gyroscopes are in action".

"Wonderful, I'll get out of your hair" I say casting him a short lived smile and exiting the bridge to rejoin Arilynn on the roof of my yacht though I had to pass where the helipad was and saw my friends exit the passenger area of the Eurocopter.

Of course Zavier has a bottle of rum.

Opening the door that connected to a kitchen and lounge I stood ten feet out from the door as the rotor blades halted.

"Nathan this is an impressive boat, how the hell did you hide it?" Zavier asks looking around sunglasses covering his eyes despite it being night time.

"It was in Monaco, also good to see you too Ambrose" I chide before my sisters walked over to me and hugged me tightly.

"How has vacation been brother?" Abigail says letting go and stepping back, "missed having your stoic self at home fogging up NYC" she adds teasing me as I expected from my youngest sister.

"I missed you to Abby" I smirk before turning to Izzy.

"She waited the whole flight just for that, so you know" she says looking to our sibling.

"I'm sure she did, is August treating you well?" I inquire jokingly knowing that August has made Isabella nothing short of happy for every day they've been together.

"You ask that each time and the answer hasn't changed" Izzy says tilting her head as she considered me.

"I know I just get a kick out of it" I muse looking around as Lucian back backed a laughing Amelia around.

"Does no one care that I'm here?" Theo pouts and Arilynn cruises out of practically nowhere before hugging Theo.

"There, now you can feel appreciated" she says and Zavier and Lea give me a look after they exchanged one with each other.

"Don't say a word" I grit knowing exactly what they'd thought at how it was familiar to how my mom coddles Riley when he acts childish because no one else can cheer him up when Ava is missing like who he nicknamed 'little olive'.

"It's a familiar wholesome now let it go, Niles, may I have my girlfriend back?" I ask laughing at Theo and Arilynn who were now tapping one another on the head and running around, which soon changed to Michael holding Theo, and Arilynn getting away with about a dozen head bops.

My friends are strange, and my girlfriend fits in just fine.

"Come on bar is open on the roof, let's enjoy the celebrations" I say redirecting their attention towards the small houseboat that had a bunch of firework boxes on it to launch them once it was the new year.

We all then moved off of the helipad and up to the roof top where all of us found a place to sit around the U shaped sofa that at any moment we could conceal because of automatic glass that would be able to encase this area of the yacht with the push of a button.

Over the next few hours music blared filling the air along with our relaxed conversations as everyone talked, and joked, passing around a bottle, and acting as if none of us had responsibilities; it was a refreshing change and I fully welcomed it.

"So how has the Marbella trip been" Lucian asks taking a seat beside me unknown to the girls who talked amongst one another and with the boys.

"Good, I like being here with her. She belongs in this lifestyle, to be left in her element. Arilynn enjoyed Marbella so far, though I'm not fully sure when we'll be going back, thinking at the end of January" I say.

"I'm glad mate, you deserve it" Lucian says, "though I'd say I'm lucky just like you to have Amelia".

"Well you two have had a movie worthy relationship, especially with the meet cute last year" I tease looking over at him.

"Fuck off" Lucian laughs elbowing me.

"I'm just glad we all have the ability to be ourselves, but also know not one of us is ever going to be without help when it's needed. Also means we get to enjoy this crazy world with one another".

"Don't get too philosophical Zavier might think you've gone soft".

"He has gone soft" Zavier chimes in with a boyish smirk.

"I'll throw you off the boat to see how soft your bones are" I retort and he turns back to the conversation with everyone else.

"I'm going to sit with Amelia she looks cold over there" Lucian says standing to go join his girlfriend who had wrapped her cardigan around herself tightly.

A moment later Arilynn joined me and sat cuddled against me while moving my left arm to rest over the back of the chair and onto her shoulders while her head rested against mine.

"I like seeing them all like this, takes the stresses away, we all are just going into the New Year with one another" she says.

"Just like it should be, I already have my resolution" I admit glancing down at my phone to see we were two minutes out from the New Year.

"What is it?" Arilynn prys giving me an adorable smile that made me almost cave to her inquiry.

"Well if I tell you that will make it not come true" I quip and she laughs melodically.

"That's not how it works" she remarks as I take a sip from my glass.

"That all of us will have an amazing safe year" I exhale and I am met by a comforting look as Arilynn stared at me as if attempting to console me with her brown eyes.

Which may or may not be working.

"You really do hide a selfless nature, don't you".

"My friends and family are important to me. Why wouldn't I only share it with them, especially you".

Arilynn blushes and then stares back at me once more after her eyes had flicked to the ground.

"That was smooth" she comments before I hear the count down begin and everyone on the water join into the Spanish being called into the air.

"Ocho! Siete! Seis! Cinco! Quatro! Trez! Dos! Uno!" And suddenly there was fireworks flying into the sky and exploding into brilliant flashes of colour before I turn and press my lips to Arilynn's who I feel smile against my own as she moved her arm to support herself.

Moving apart I rested my head against hers as she smiled, and I returned it.

"Happy New Year mi amor" I say and she repeats it back to me under the lights of Marbella's celebrations.

I liked this chapter I'm not going to lie, comment, vote, and share. Anyways

Peace