Birthday

"Gulf's POV...

Next day when he sat down beside me, I maintained as much distance as I can and didn't even glance at him. I will show him that just because I'm weak and alone, that doesn't mean I need anyone, at least not him. But still, as I'm chubby, so he was still touching my body, but still, I won't talk to him.

During lunchtime, I was having my tasty lunch, and if he had come yesterday, I would have given him all these, but no, he doesn't deserve it.

"Sorry," he poked his face in front of me with a straight face.

"Ok... Eat this, it's so tasty," I gave it to him. I didn't plan to forgive him, but as he really pestered me a lot, so I did.

"Happy birthday," he wished me and began to eat his lunch with a straight face. The whole day, we didn't talk much until school off time when he held my hands.

"My mom invited you to my home... She wants to meet you as she is afraid that you must be a bad person. That's why she wants to make sure about everything," he said, but I couldn't understand anything, but still went with him because somehow I was alone, so it's better to be there.

We reached a very shabby place, basically into a grove street, and finally in front of a mini-house attached to a food stall.

"Mom, today's his birthday... He's my new friend," Mew introduced me to his mom, so to look good, I greeted her, and the sweet lady smiled back.

"Happy Birthday, son... I'm sorry I didn't allow Mew to go there yesterday because you already know how dangerous it is to go to any random guy's birthday... I apologize," she said, smiling at me, which really made me so much happy that at least my best friend's mom likes me.

"It's ok, aunt," I said in my gentle tone as I need to impress her in order to keep Mew closer to me.

"Let's eat some delicious food... I made it for my customers and now there are some left," she said, so nodding, I sat down beside Mew... We all had the tasty meal which was literally very, very tasty.

I wanted to help in cleaning too, but they didn't let me, so I was just sitting there.

Aunt, me, and Mew had a wonderful conversation with each other, and up until now it was evening, so I stood up to leave.

"Aunt excuse me... I need to go now," I badly wanted to stay here, but I don't want to be a burden here.

"Call your parents as it's not safe to go out at night," she said, and I began to think what to say.

"I-I live alone here... My parents are no more in this world," their faces turned shocked, and aunt held my hands.

"Oh my god! Little guy, don't worry, you ain't alone... I'm with you... You can stay here today... Leave tomorrow," she offered, but no, I won't. I don't want to be a burden on them. Earlier when I was living with my aunt, she used to taunt me all day, so I left them and never ever contacted them, and that's why I don't want to spoil my relationship with Mew.

"No thanks, aunt..." I kindly rejected her offer.

"But..."

"Aunt, please not this time, let me go," I said.

"Ok, anyways... Mew, go with him with the bicycle..." she said, looking at Mew's face, and my Mew nodded.

"It's ok, Aunt, don't bother," I said, but she immediately shushed me.

"Don't argue... Mew knows the direction, and he can manage... Mew, take care of him, don't leave him on the road," she strictly warned Mew, and I felt a warmth of my own mother because it's the first time someone really cared for me, and Mew again nodded.

Finally, I agreed, and sitting behind him, he started the bicycle, and I held his tummy because I'm a little bit chubby, so I don't want to fall down.

"M I not heavy for you?" I asked, but he didn't reply.

"Mew, are you struggling?" I asked.

"N-no, Gulf, shut your mouth and hold me tightly," he said, paddling the cycle hard to drag it. I know I'm a fat guy, so he must be struggling, but the nice thing is that he didn't let me feel sad because of my weight.

After a few minutes, we reached our apartment, and he was sitting on my couch drinking water when he got a call from his mom.

"Mew, can you stay there with your friend? Miss Elle is admitted to the hospital because she's going through her labor pain, so I'm with her, so just stay with Gulf as I had to lock the door and I forgot to give it to anyone," she said, and as Mew's phone was on speaker, I heard it, and I was on top of the world that he will stay with me, and I will spend time with my new friend.

Walking there, I stood up there holding the glass of water.

"G-Gulf, can I stay here?" He asked when I offered him a glass of water and acted like I didn't hear anything.

"Of course, you can," I smiled and sat down beside him.

"Do you live here alone?" He asked, looking at the apartment.

"Yes, I do... Do you want to live here with your mom?" I asked, holding his hands, and he began to stare at me without blinking.

"Ummm umm no, we can't," he said, looking another side, rubbing his nape.

"Ok, let's sleep now... Hopefully tomorrow is a holiday," I said, pulling him inside the room, and we both laid down beside each other.

I came closer to him, hugging him tightly because I consider him as my best friend, and I really want to hug him.

"W-what are you doing?" He asked, holding my arms, trying to get it off, but I tightened my hold.

"Please, today's my birthday, can I hug you... I feel safe around you," I said, pouting my lips. I know it's weird, but I always feel safe and calm around him... My heart is always happy around him. He doesn't even pay attention to me, but still, I want his all attention and care... Not only because my heart says it, it's also because he never judged me... Earlier, all the students used to shoo me away, forget about celebrating my birthday.

"Ok, fine, birthday boy," he said, smiling, which was so soothing, and I pecked his lips.

"G-Gulf," he said, looking at me without blinking while touching his lips.

"We kiss whom we love, and I love you, my best friend," saying that I closed my eyes and fell asleep.

"Either don't call me your best friend or kiss me... Do one thing because best friends don't kiss on lips and don't sleep like this," he said, rolling his eyes, holding me like a baby.... I just smiled looking at him. Holding him back..