Thirty-Eight: How Stupid Could You Be?

Start from the beginning

"Not enough to get started with you. Again." I replied sternly.

After finishing my makeup, I turned around and faced him. With his arms still around me, he pulled me into him and I threw my arms around his neck. We just stood there and looked at each other giving me the opportunity to stand on my tippy toes and steal a kiss from him. He smirked at me before biting his lips.

"And you sure I didn't hurt you?" He asked nervously moving his eyes towards my stomach as he gently rubbed his hand over it.

"No baby, you didn't. I promise." I assured him looking into his eyes referring to earlier. He was skeptical about me laying flat on my stomach, but I told him it would be fine and even laid on a pillow. I looked away from him and at his shirt before back at him. "You sure you wanna wear a long sleeve shirt? You're not gonna be hot?" I asked.

"I'll be fine, love," he replied quickly.

I just simply nodded my head deciding to take his answer. It's no secret he was always wearing long sleeves and jackets, but in this particular moment, I knew he wasn't feeling up to having to put on all that makeup to cover up his vitiligo. I completely understood his reasoning and I wasn't gonna protest it at all.

"Come on, we're already late as hell," I told him as I stepped out of his grasp.

I heard him groan and mumble something under his breath causing me to laugh as I pulled him out of the bathroom, soon making our way out of the bedroom.

We were all outside together enjoying each other's company. Michael's brothers including his brother in law, Nathaniel were grilling, music blasted throughout the ranch with Sly & The Family Stone currently playing. Some of the younger boys had a football game going. Everyone was everywhere doing something different. And there was so much out here to do.

Michael pulled out all the stops. He even had trainers come by so the children could pet the animals, every single ride was up and running, and there were different little carts around. Each one consisted of candy, snow cones, popcorn, pickles, ice cream, and so much more. It really was his very own amusement park, and for someone like him, it was pretty convenient.

Surprisingly, all of my nerves seemed to flee from my body, and I was at ease as I mingled with his family. I looked around seeing my family interact with his family and I couldn't help but smile at the sight.

Michael had a big ass family. All of his siblings, cousins, nieces and nephews, it was truly a beautiful thing. I smiled to myself at the thought of raising children with him and expanding this damn family even bigger than what it is now.

I looked on as everyone rode different rides, taking pictures left and right not wanting to miss out on a single memory. Janet's boyfriend René walked around and filmed everyone. I continued to take pictures until a distinctive laugh caught my attention. I turned and looked over at the Octopus where Michael was riding with some of his nieces and nephews. The oldest and the loudest one on the ride as he held onto his fedora so it wouldn't fly away.

I stood there and watched until the ride came to an end. I made sure to take as many pictures of everyone as possible. The looks on all of the kids' faces were priceless. They all looked like they had the times of their lives, but were shook at the same time. I couldn't hide the blush that appeared on my face as Michael walked over to me with that big, beautiful smile before biting his lip.

He playfully rolled his eyes when he noticed I was snapping pictures of him as he made his way over to me.

"Stand there so I can get a decent one," I grinned. He rolled his eyes but gave in and smiled. I started to walk away, but he stopped me.