Five: Go With The Flow

"Yo, Lauren, what's up?" Jam said into the phone. My eyes widened at the sound of his voice. I stood there in my spot not expecting it to be him. I was facing the window, but turned away only to lock eyes with Michael as he sat up on the couch.

"Nothing, how are you?" I asked in a formal tone as I looked over at Michael who looked at me before looking around.

I didn't want him to know that Jam was on the phone because I didn't want it to look like there was anything going on between us, so I just decided to try and play it cool.

"I'm good. I hope I'm not coming off as a creep or anything," he said.

"No, no, not at all," I replied shaking my head as if he could see me. I took the phone in my other hand, and placed it to my other ear.

"Okay, cool, cool. Well I'm sorry for just randomly calling you, but I was serious about that date. I never got an answer thanks to your lame ass manager," he said laughing. I laughed as well at the thought of how Mark acted earlier. I briefly glanced over at Michael who looked around taking in my apartment, probably trying to pretend he's not listening. "Did you hear me?" Jam asked breaking me out of my thoughts.

To be honest, I didn't hear a word he said. "No, I'm sorry," I said laughing lightly. I wasn't trying to laugh, but I couldn't help it. The whole thing made me feel awkward, and I hoped that it didn't come off weird to Michael.

"If now is not a good time, maybe I could call you another time or something?" He asked.

"Yeah, that would be cool." I replied.

"Cool, well I'll hit you later." He said.

We said our goodbyes before hanging up the phone.

Finally!

I thought to myself. Though it wasn't a long call, it felt like forever. I couldn't wait for it to be over. I felt like my back was against the wall. Jam was cute and had charm and seemed like things would be cool with him.

But I wanted to focus my attention on Michael. It's only been four days, but I found myself intrigued by him. After our one night together, I couldn't take my mind off of him. I know that things would have went differently had the meet and greet been nothing more than that. I probably would've thought nothing more, only focusing on the simple fact that I met him.

But because things went differently for us, I couldn't help that I was solely focused on where and how far things could go. I was possibly playing with fire, knowing that this could truly be nothing more than a platonic friendship. I guess there's nothing I can do but sit back, and wait for it all to unfold. Only time will tell.

It had only been four days, anyway. The last thing I wanted was to become obsessive, falling into the delusion of being in love of even in like with someone I've only known a few days. No matter who he was.

"Everything okay?" Michael asked me as I walked over to the couch and sat down.

"Yeah, everything's fine," I said nodding. "It wasn't important." I added.

"Okay," he said nodding.

Things were definitely awkward. It's crazy that not too long ago we were all over each other, and now we were sitting here in complete silence. I don't know if I'm supposed to just grab him and kiss him again, or should I just sit here and continue to look stupid. Maybe I shouldn't have answered the phone.

"I guess you're gonna have to leave soon?" I asked him as I looked at the time on my watch. I figured he would have to leave soon being that it was getting late. I didn't want him to go, but I knew I couldn't do anything about it. He nodded as he sighed.