Twenty-One: Cherry Blossom Trees

After Ashlyn and I ordered food, we waited around for it to come. She ordered sushi for herself, and I wanted Ramen. Much to my disappointment, I didn't even touch the damn food once it arrived. I was pissed. I wanted to, but I just couldn't. I didn't have an appetite. And every time I attempted, I just felt my stomach fall. I gave in and settled for water.

"You sure you don't wanna try and eat again? Maybe order something else?" Ashlyn suggested, and I shook my head.

"No. I don't have an appetite. It's okay." I said.

"You have to put something on your stomach, Ren," Ashlyn said as she sighed.

"I will. I'll try again later. I promise." I said trying to reason. "Right now I'm gonna go take a nap, and hope I feel better once I wake up." I continued. She went to object, but gave in and nodded her head. "See you in a little while," I told her as I made my way to the bedroom.

I walked inside and got in the bed. I grabbed the remote, turning the tv on. I flipped through the channels before stopping on a movie. I put the remote on the nightstand and snuggled under the covers. I looked at the tv for a little while before feeling myself drifting asleep.

Sometime later, I tossed in my sleep, turning on my other side. Instead of feeling the bed, I felt something else. I slowly opened my eyes, squinting them seeing that someone was in the bed with me. I forced my eyes open, surprised to see Michael in bed with me. He had the remote in his hand, and he was flipping through the tv.

I groaned and slightly stretched as I yawned, catching his attention. He looked down at me and we locked eyes. "Hey," I said softly.

"Hey," he said giving me a smile as he pecked my lips. "I didn't mean to wake you," he said softly.

"No it's fine. I was only taking a small nap," I assured him. "What are you doing here? How was rehearsal?" I asked.

"It went well. And I wanted to see you. I wanted to take you somewhere," he said sounding excited as he plastered a smile on his face. I returned the smile, feeling excitement taking over me.

"Where are we going?" I asked as I sat up.

"It's a surprise," he said smirking. "Get up so you can get dressed," he told me as he got out of the bed.

I playfully rolled my eyes as I did as told. I didn't hate surprises, but I hated surprises. If I was unaware that someone had a surprise for me, then it was fine. But once I knew someone had a surprise, I became super anxious. It made it worse when people wouldn't give in and tell me.

"How should I dress?" I asked him.

"Casual is fine," he said before walking out of the room.

I removed my oversized shirt before going into the bathroom. I turned on the water so that I could take a shower. I stepped inside shortly after allowing the hot water to run all over my body as steam filled the bathroom. After taking my time and washing my body, I got out of the shower. I went over to the sink and brushed my teeth and washed my face before doing my facial routine.

After doing everything I needed in the bathroom, I walked out and sat on the bed. I moisturized my body before getting up and grabbing my clothes. I put on a bra and a pair of panties before pulling on a pair of acid wash jeans and an oversized sweatshirt. I wore my hair in curls, but this time they were tighter curls instead of my usual loose curls. Once I finished up with my hair, I put on some lip gloss and sprayed my hair, before spraying myself with perfume. I pulled on my shoes and grabbed my purse before leaving out off the room.

"I'm ready," I announced as I entered the living room.

He was sitting in the chair before he stood up and looked at me. He had a big smile on his face that made me blush. I walked over to him just as there was a knock at the door. I looked over at Ashlyn with a confused look and she did the same looking at me.