Four: Unexpected Guest

Four Days Later - March 10, 1988

"Oh my God, these look so good!" Ashlyn squealed. I had finally got my photos developed, and I couldn't wait to show Ashlyn. I was glad that all of the photos turned out great. Even the ones that I took during the concert, as well as the ones that were taken of me. "Oooo you look amazing, Ren," she continued and I thanked her. "Who did you get to take the pictures of you?" She asked.

"Well, Bernard, the driver took them for me before the show. And Jam took the rest," I told her as I leaned on the counter. We were currently at work, and I was thankful that there were no customers right now. 

"Look at Michael," she said with a smile on her face. "He looks so good," she added. I nodded my head agreeing with her, because it was true. He looked so damn good. "Y'all look good together," she said smirking. I simply shook my head at her laughing lightly. "And what do we have here?" She asked as she pulled out a photo, sitting down the others. I looked at her raising my eyebrow, wondering what had her so intrigued.

To be honest, I hadn't even looked through all the pictures myself. I skimmed through a few just to make sure they looked nice. I was more excited to show them to Ashlyn. I was broken out of my thoughts when I looked over at Ashlyn as she turned the photo around revealing the picture Michael took of me eating a slice of  pizza.

"You and Jam must've gotten real cozy," she said making a flirty face while doing a dance with the picture.

I laughed at her as I shook my head. "Michael took that," I responded quickly as I returned to my magazine, flipping through it.

I didn't have to look up to know that Ashlyn was staring at me. Knowing that she wouldn't stop staring at me, I gave in and looked at her. Just as I thought, she had shock written all over her face. I wanted to laugh at the look she was giving me, but decided against it because I knew she was seriously in shock.

"Michael who?" She asked. I couldn't help but to laugh. "You're laughing, and I'm serious," she added while waving the picture in her hand. "Michael Jackson took this?" She asked.

"Yes, girl Michael Jackson took it," I said playfully rolling my eyes. "What other Michael do we know?" I asked sarcastically.

She rolled her eyes at me as she laughed a little. "Michael could've been Jam's real name, shit." She said shrugging. I smacked my teeth in response. I went back to my magazine as Ashlyn sat the picture down, preparing to go through the rest. "Wait!" She semi-yelled. I looked over at her. "That means, Michael Jackson touched your camera." She pointed out. "So what else did he touch?" She asked smirking and wiggling her eyebrows. My eyes widened not expecting her to ask me that. I playfully hit her.

"I can't with you," I said while laughing. 

I hadn't told Ashlyn everything that happened after the concert yet, so she didn't know about the kiss. Honestly, I wasn't sure if I was going to say anything about it anytime soon, though. But I did plan on saying something, eventually. Definitely sooner than later.

"You didn't answer the question," she said narrowing her eyes at me with a smirk.

"He touched my shoulder, when we stood next to each other to take a picture. See," I said matter of factly, gesturing to the pictures of us.

"You know what I mean," she said rolling her eyes at me.

It's true, I was definitely beating around the bush with Ashlyn. But technically I wasn't, because nothing more happened beyond the kiss. Ashlyn waved her hand in my face, breaking me out of my thoughts. I looked over at her and her goofy ass facial expression.