Ten: I Love You, I Love You Not

"What the hell are you doing here?" I asked him.

Is this real?

He didn't respond. He slowly walked over to me. His eyes locked in with mine. I didn't move. Hell, I couldn't move. I just stood there still trying to process everything.

"How long have you been here? More importantly, how the hell did you even get in here?" I asked him trying to break the silence again. He didn't respond. He sighed as he kept his eyes on me as he got closer.

He stopped seconds later, leaving a nice amount of space in between us. He just stood there, looking at me. Now that he was closer, I could look into his eyes. He had an angry expression written on his face before his face quickly softened. I could tell he looked a bit hurt but tried to hide it.

I didn't know what to feel or how to feel. Part of me was relieved seeing his face. And another part of me was pissed, feeling the urge to slap the shit out of him. I wanted to be mad at him for everything. I wanted to hate him, but I couldn't. All I wanted to do was hug him, I wanted to be embraced by him. But that couldn't happen. I shook those thoughts, keeping a straight face.

"Lauren-"  he finally spoke before I cut him off.

"You know you have a lot of nerve showing up here after all this time. Especially after what you did." I spoke up.

He frowned and scrunched his face up as he looked at me, taking in my words.

"What I did? How about what you did?" He asked taking a step closer to me. I raised my eyebrow, confused at what the hell he was talking about.

"What are you talking about?" I asked him.

He scoffed and shook his head as he looked around. Before he could speak, the sound of the lock turning could be heard. I froze not believing this was happening. I knew it wasn't anyone else that had a key. So that only left one person.

"Baby, it's me, I realized I left my shoes over here and just wanted to-" Jam said before pausing as he stepped inside.

I'm sure he stopped once he saw the sight. I just stood there still not turning around. I looked at Michael whose eyes were no longer on me. I knew that he was looking over my shoulder at Jam.

"Michael Jackson?" Jam asked confused. He was still behind me, but I'm pretty sure he had a confused look on his face. "Baby what's going on?" He asked me.

I swallowed the lump in my throat before finally turning around to face him.

"Uh, hey," I said giving him a half smile. "Um, you know Michael," I said as I laughed uneasily. To be honest, I wanted to shit myself. I didn't know what to do.

"Everybody knows Michael," Jam said sarcastically. "But why is he here?" He asked me as he looked from me to him, then back to me. The look on his face was far from humorous. He looked serious as hell. He raised his eyebrow as he waited for me to answer.

"I know who you are," Michael said in realization before I could speak. "You're the radio guy from the concert. You were apart of the contest," Michael continued.

"I'm also her boyfriend," he said with a slight mug on his face as he took a step forward. I looked back and forth between him and Michael with wide eyes.

"Hm. Really?" Michael asked as he briefly smirked with a petty look on his face. "Boyfriend?" He asked as he looked at me. The look on his face was a mixture of anger and jealousy. He looked so damn sexy. I could tell he was trying to remain calm.

I sighed but didn't respond as Michael took another step further. This time, he returned his attention back to Jam who was still mugging him. He placed his hands in his pockets not breaking eye contact.