authors note

i love tom cruise bruh that picture is so good uhm anyways...

roll the credits?

wow. this book means so much to me, and i don't even know where to start? what do i start with? i don't know how these work this is the first book i've written. okay, lets start there??

i got the silly idea to make embers (then: maverick's babygorl) after watching top gun maverick for the first time, and of course i had watched top gun twice before that. so i just said, hey, what if i made my own little spin? get it? spin? cause..planes...spin... yeah okay!

so i did. and to be honest 96% of the book was freehanded and not planned out. i was constantly changing endings, dialogue, plots, characters, it was really frustrating for a good minute. but then i realized i shouldn't be stressed out over something that's supposed to be fun for me! so when i finally knew where i wanted to go with it, it was a lot of fun writing.

maybe i should apologize next? i'm sorry about citrus. she was such a slay but it needed to be done. i'm also sorry if the y/n thing throws you off? i had no particular character in mind so i just decided 'eh, y/n needs another adventure.' she's a busy gal these days i hear. but im not sorry about not killing off goose. he is so mwah i couldn't bring myself to do it (although it may have crossed my mind...)

my love for tom cruise really inspired this book, so maybe i should thank him first.... thank you tom cruise!

but i just want to say im so grateful to everyone who has read, skimmed through, voted, commented, or even just saved this book to their reading list. it means the world to me, and it makes me want to make even more pieces of literature of my own!! (fancy wording right?)

so, from britneyspearsrry to you,
thank you!!

if you're interested in the unofficial but official soundtrack of embers, check out the spotify playlist

or if that doesn't work:

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/1oO1TSEfB1fAsJEGW7lIyL?si=ZTtR4pnTRDKhAAwxGhRUIQ

once again, thank you for reading and your support!!

sincerely, britneyspearsrry xo