five

continuing later that night...

"you need to talk to me?" i ask, dumbfounded.
pete just shows up to my patio door randomly. i got up and opened the door, to which when appeared out of no where. it's probably eleven or so at night.

"yes, is that alright?" pete asks through the cracked door.

i shake the heavy feeling of my eyes, and nod. "mhm, but don't be loud. sam will walk in here if she hears a pin drop."

opening the door fully, i walk to turn on my bedside lamp. i turn around to look at mitchell, noticing how he's still in his outfit from the beach earlier. he notices my peeking, and clears his throat.

"what did sam say? eyes up here, y/n?" he teases, and i roll my eyes. "oh shut up."

i sit on my bed, crossing my legs. "so, what'd you come bother me about?"

pete scratches the back of his neck, grimacing. "right uhm, i need your help with something."

"with what?"

"oh god, this is gonna sound really bad." he swears quietly, standing awkwardly in-front of the bed. i yawn, "go on, i don't have all night." i say sarcastically, leaning onto the bedframe.

"well uhm, i need woman..ly..advice."

"what?" i ask, sitting up straight. "in what way?"

"well there's uhm, a woman.." he starts fiddling with his pockets, looking anywhere in the room but me.

"we all know who it is." i say dully. oh boy he's come in here to ask me how to ask out charlie the instructor..why didn't i kick him out while i had the chance?

"you do?" pete widens his eyes, his body language dropping in demeanor.

"yeah it's that instructor isn't it? i saw the goo-goo eyes." i ask, tilting my head." pete sighs out of relief. "no, no. not even close." he explains, and all i say is "oh."

pete starts walking around the room, looking at the things on desks and dressers as he starts talking. "uhm, no, there's this other girl. she's gorgeous, i mean, absolutely breathtaking. i don't know if she feels the same way about me though."

his issue sounds real complicated, boy would it suck to be in that position. i think to myself as i continue to listen to his problems.

* * *

sitting at the bar, i glanced over my shoulder to see mitchell chatting with another group of people. probably celebrating the first semester of flight school being over. i sighed, turning my head towards the bartender who handed me another drink. i thanked him. sam took a seat next to me, analyzing me hardcore.

"you okay, y/n? you're looking a little rough."  she asked, resting a hand on my shoulder.

"i've given him so many hints, sam. how do i know if he feels the same?" i wondered, resting my head on the palm of my hand.

pete, being surrounded in the large group he was, still looked over to y/n to see what she was doing.

* * *

"...so, how do i do it?" pete's voice snaps me out of my daydream, blinking.

"do what?"

"jesus christ y/n-"

"oh right! sorry!" i apologize, chuckling to myself. "i don't know, pete. just ask her out and find out for god's sake. you don't want to regret anything you don't do, you know?"

he nods, leaning against a desk. "right, right.. thanks, y/n." pete smiles slightly, and i grin.

i haven't had a moment like this with pete in a long time. since when does he come to me for advice? especially on a subject like this?

the awkward silence does get to be a bit much, as i tap my thighs. pete clears his throat, standing fully straight. "right uhm, i should probably go-"

"not so fast, kidnapper! i know you're trying to kidnap y/n in there, so just let her go!" sam bangs on the door, yelling threats through it.

i widen my eyes, getting out of bed so quick it would probably make someone's head spin. i grab pete by the shoulders and push him towards the door, right before sam busts down the door.

i turn my head as pete says a quick "hey sam!", turning his head and waving. which makes me stumble over him, bringing him on the ground with me. "for fuck's sake.." i mumble, as mitchell has me unintentionally pinned to the ground.

sam widens her eyes, in excitement and surprise. "oh my god, pete and y/n. y/n and pete. you- oh my god." she mutters out, pointing to us who still lay on the ground. her surprised state eventually turns into a fit of laughs, which causes a groan from me.

"if you wanted to come sneak in y/n's bed, you could have come through the front door, pete."

"it's not like that, sam." i mumble, pushing the aviator off me. he sits on the ground, quite amused at this situation too.

"why didn't you tell me you and him were going out? i thought you said he was going out with that teacher-" sam asks, a hand placed on her hip. she seems to be enjoying that she found me and mitchell on the ground together.

"does everyone think that?" pete asks me quietly, to which i respond with my pointer finger to the door. "out!"

"i'm going, i'm going." he laughs, standing up and opening the door. "next time, come before dinner!" sam says to pete teasingly, before walking out of the bedroom.

"sorry, y/n." pete smirks apologetically, before walking out of the door.

i stand in the middle of the room, scratching my head at what the hell just happened?

-