Chapter Forty Two

Start bij het begin

"Quinta De Sierra Blanca, this is where you live" I say once again looking over at him.

"Yes, I wanted to live in a nice area of Marbella, my parents bought a villa that over looks all of this. I just wanted a nice place to call mine on the Spanish coast" Nathan shrugs pointing to a gate up ahead.

"You know, you don't have to compare yourself to your father. Take what he's done, and see everything you've been doing, or will do as the next stage of the legacy your family has left on the world" I say looking at him, and switching the car back into Sports mode which Nathan would prefer his cars be in.

"That's an optimistic way of looking at it".

"Just from someone who has always had to improve themselves to not disappoint".

"You don't have to change for me" Nathan says as I pull through the gate of his home.

The single poured driveway with marble lining it along with steel, and a low hedge while palm trees made the whole property secluded along with extremely well manicured gardens that went well with the stucco and marble modern Mediterranean home that Nathan owned.

As I got to a large four door garage I looked to Nathan for instructions.

"Press the button under the center mirror" he says and I do so before the doors open and I'm met by another selection of expensive cars owned by the being who sat in the passenger seat.

"Does the Winters Family fuel off of putting people in their place on every level of luxury".

"Some let their ego rule so when we arrive, we are known for making it clear that no matter who you are someone will always be better".

"And the reason for all of you being so confident makes more sense now. You know everyone else knows where they stand in comparison to you".

"A little, we also don't care what people think of us" Nathan adds as I back in the car and put the top up.

"Stop" he says calmly looking into the mirror and I plant my foot on the brake and park before both of us got out. Nathan didn't seem concerned for where I parked the car; me on the other hand moved to the back immediately merely to be relieved there was a foot behind the car between the concrete wall.

"You must have a skill because all your cars are parked with exactly one foot behind each car".

"As you tap the brake the taillights turn on its also good to use when parallel parking, especially in winter".

"Explains the speed that you can parallel park regardless of conditions".

"I refuse to parallel park in winter" he remarks accepting the key from me as we walked towards the house and inside.

The walls were painted a grey beige with dark hardwood flooring. A large bulb chandelier hung gracefully from the ceiling casting clear white light around the space. The stairs were modern in design using a split floor halfway up with black metal railing framing glass panes.

The home felt modern but still warm and comforting, which was a common theme with what I've seen of Nathan's possessions.

There was a peculiarity with Nathan though and I had no one to ask about it. The only person I could was back in New York and I'd not gotten the chance to approach them with it.

He supposedly is the more reactant between his father and him but how was that possible when he's so calm?

I wanted to ask Olivia who if anyone would know exactly why, it was her.

As Nathan took off his shoes he took out his phone and connected it to something before all the lights turned red and he smiled into the crimson light.

Red went well with his features and black hair and clothing. He looked dangerous in the lights associated with hell, but remained beautiful to me.