Chapter Forty One

Start from the beginning

"That's smart, make it so no one tries to snoop around and if they did they'd find security making sure they went away" I comment picturing news crews trying to do that to them and getting arrested or having their photos taken down from the internet.

"Yes I guess it is just it has gotten to the point for my parents their homes have scheduled times of the year they get used" Nathan laughs.

"Eek, sounds expensive".

"Real estate on every continent, I'd say".

"If your family is so close to their chest and tight fisted with money how did your parents get such an extravagant lifestyle?".

"Travelled a lot, and it meant they were often working and brought me and my sisters with them, when we got into school it changed and the scheduled times of year started to happen, it was different when we got into Thornbrook we were all so close and mature enough to be alone for a few weeks with the security. Created independence and our parents brought home gifts. They made a huge effort to balance life and work".

"They tried to make sure attention stayed off of you all" I say in realization.

"Exactly, Winters Group had so much going on all the time no media outlet ever got to ask about Isabella, Abigail, and I".

"Sounds nice to have a normal childhood" I say thinking about all the events I got dragged to.

"Paranoia is everywhere in my world, and there are days my parents veil of control slips and they attack the cause. Enemies are everywhere in this city. I don't want to be around the hectic lifestyle of New York for New Year, so I wish to go to Marbella Spain".

"What would happen if WGI fell?" I ask right as the elevator dings and three security guards walk in.

"Mr. Winters the cars are ready" Vesper, who I'd learned was Nathan's Head PPO says folding her hands in front of her neatly.

"Thank you, we're coming now" Nathan says and the three of them nod before getting in the second elevator to go back down to the main level.

"I'll answer your question in the car" he says before walking to the closet and grabbing a pair of his running shoes with me following him.

The elevator ride was silent with Nathan checking his phone for the duration of the ride. All the while I wondered what the response would be, yes I could be mousy and wanted to understand things same as Nathan which was part of the reason we both were willing to give complete answers for questions the other asked.

Reaching the ground floor we walked out of the car and crossed the luxury lobby and out down to three Mercedes sedans.

We slid into the back just as silently and once the doors were closed and the convoy was off Nathan started to answer my question.

"To put it simply the world economy would go into such a cataclysmic recession because of the fact that Winters Group makes money faster then should be possible. The flip of that is that all the extra money gets flooded back into the economy. It's a cycle of wealth on a global scale. Twenty million people could be paid the average salary of WGI off of a normal years income. The economy would recover. Eventually. But the point is it would take a very long time since ten percent of the world's economic function would vanish".

"I see why your parents would panic when a major allegation comes forward".

"Well that, and privacy has always been important. I can deal with that headache one day in the future so let's enjoy our trip to Marbella together and have fun over the month we have left of our break from school" Nathan says looking at me with a calm expression.

He can just go from one to another. I wish I had that good self control.

Thirty minutes later the cars pulled through a marked gate towards a line of large hangers several of which had the Winters Group logo on them.

"They hold the planes used by Executive Directors, those are their business and personal planes. The private hangers are because part of JFK is owned by the company" Nathan explains though the last bit was quiet.

He seemed to never say things as a brag but more of a comment, something said for clarity and reference. I liked it. It was something that easily went on the ever growing list of traits I liked about Nathan.

As the vehicles stopped beside Nathan's plane we got out and walked up the ramp with Antonio following as one of the other PPOs took the vehicle to drive back to Steinway Tower.

Finding my seat I settled into the chair as Nathan buckled himself in while Vesper checked all compartments of the jet.

"I'll be one compartment back just call if you need me" Vesper says nodding to both of us and walking into the aft most compartment of the G700.

Suddenly Lily's voice came through the speakers and informed us that we were departing before less then a minute later the jet was climbing through the air and soon levelled off leaving the four of us inside to the eight hour flight away from snow New York towards Spain.

Nathan in typical fashion checked what his company had been like the previou day and began working on today's objectives.

Another thing to add to the list.

How he had been able to mentally compartmentalize the structure to his day regardless of what was going on showed exactly how he was so successful so young.

And I want to return all of this kindness to him somehow.

I hadn't figured it out but by the end of this trip I hoped I would have at least had an idea.

I think it's kinda odd that depending on the book what I consider to be a long update changes. Normal length update for today Spain is beautiful so what places if there is anyone who has been or lives there would you like me to include I'm open to suggestions? (though I do have my own ideas) comment, vote, and share. Anyways

Peace✌️