chapter 30

"Why are you poisoning me?" I asked her and at that her eyes widen on fear.

"Luna.. I..." she stuttered but then she fell on her knees hiding her face while crying hysterically. I sighed and stood up from the chair.

"Stand up Rose!" I sighed tiredly.

"I know someone is forcing you and I want to know who?" I asked her getting straight to the point. I know Rose is not behind all this, she is also being used. There is someone else behind all this. Someone has been poisoning me since the day I became queen.

"I swear I didn't knew it before, I only came to know yesterday. Someone was putting poison in your food. I didn't tell you because I thought you would blame me.." she cried as she looked at me.

"That's why you changed the food today?" I asked her, today the food was normal. There wasn't any distinctive taste in it. It was the same as Atticus's. So I know that she isn't behind that.

"I want to know the name of that person, you will not be blamed" I assured her at which her eyes widen and she stood up. She looked confused.

"I saw a witch messing with your food but when I confronted her she threatened me by saying that she will put all blame on me and everybody will blame her.

"A witch!" I am not surprised but it still hurts that they hate me so much that they even want to kill me.

"Which one?" I asked her, she looked skeptical as if scared that I won't believe her.

"Luna promise me you will trust me" she said and I nodded at her assuring her.

"It was .... Emarald" she said and I stilled in shock. Emerald? But she was the only witch who was always good to me and...?

"Oh God!" I said as I sat back on the chair not able to bear my weight.

"Luna" she took a step towards me helping me sat up and bring me a glass of water.

"I know she is your friend but..  I am telling the truth" she said still scared that I will not believe her. When I think it through I realize everything. How she was the one who framed Eleanor, she was the only person that saw us together. But what can she get from this?

"Please take me to Alpha" I said and rose helped me up. We walked towards the ground floor to Atticus. Everyone was looking at me some worried and some confused. I know I am not looking good but still there gaze is making me uncomfortable.

Fortunately we reached the ground floor and head towards his office. I didn't knock and went straight in. There were few man in the office, beta, gamma and few warriors. Atticus was sat on his chair when he saw my frantic face he stood up.

"What happened?" He asked.

"Atticus.. Eleanor is innocent" I said and his face harden.

"No she is not.. I have spared her life just because you said to but I won't believe that" he said firmly.

"No Atticus I am telling the truth, there is someone else behind all this... and.." I stopped.

"You have to look into this matter" I pleaded. He sighed and stepped towards me.

"Who do you think is behind this?" He asked and then I told him everything, how I went to meet Eleanor and how she said I have to be careful. He was angry at that but still listened to me calmly. Then I told him about Emerald, how I think Emarald is behind all this. I left the part where she has poisoned me. I think there are far more important things right now that needed his attention.

"You think Emerald is behind all this?" He asked and I nodded. He pinched the bridge of his nose as if stopping himself from saying something that would hurt me.

"Fine" he said and then turn towards a warrior.

"Go bring Emarald" he ordered and the warrior left. As we waited for her to come I lost my composure and was about to fell down when his arms came around me and straightened me. He frowned at me and helped me sit in his chair.

"After this we are going to healer again!" He said sternly as his worried look gaze all over me. I nodded weakly!

"Alpha you called me!" Came a little voice from the back. We all looked at her, she bowed to us and then looked around the room. Her eyes harden a little when she saw rose but she came back to her senses.

"Yes we are being told that you were the one who tried to harm me and my mate not Eleanor. Is it true?" Atticus demanded, his voice full of authority. He was in his Alpha mode!

"No ... no.. alpha I didn't do anything. There was something I wanted to tell you but was scared because someone threatened me" she said but I know where she is going. Atticus raises his brow.

"Alpha I saw Rose putting something in Luna's food and when I confronted her she warned me to stay away or else she will kill me too. I got scared .. i am sorry..  but I think Rose is behind all this" she said feigning fear but I can see right through her. And she also told Atticus about the poison. I wanted to groan out loudly. Now his attention will be all on me. Atticus tensed beside me and I saw him glaring at rose and then

"What did you do?" His voice boomed in the silent room, his voice was firm and there was rage behind that. I think he is putting everything in pieces and then ge growled loudly.

"You are the reason to why my mate is feeling so sick.. what did you do to her?" He barked and the next moment he was pinning her with the wall as his hands were around Rose's neck. I instantly stood up

"Atticus No.. stop!" I said as I jogged towards him trying to pull him away from her hut he didn't budge. I was screaming at him to stop but he was in his zone, alvan has took all the control.

"Alvan stop please.. she didn't do anything.  Please listen to me." His eyes glance towards me and there was rage in them which simmer down ever so lightly.

"Please leave her, it's all Emarald doing. She poisoned me" I don't know how I am so sure but I trust Rose. And I was having a little doubt on Emarald.

He stepped away from her and I saw her falling down as she coughed out loudly. I give her a sorry look and was about to bend down to help her when I was pushed back in to a hard body which belongs to my mate.

"Poison?" His voice was barely above a whisper. His voice frantic and I saw fear in his eyes. I teared up when I glanced at him and nodded.

"No" he whispered out as if he didn't believe it. Then he walked towards Emarald who looked like she is about to cry but then she started laughing. Atticus stopped in his tracks and looked at her.

"You can't do anything now, she is going to die in few days" she said and laughed at us. I saw Atticus jaws clenched as he gazed at her but it didn't effect her.

"She doesn't deserve to be a Queen, a pathetic human. I am worthy of that title not her not Eleanor not anyone else" she screamed loudly as tears of frustration and anger fell down her cheeks.

"The elders should have chosen me but they chose Eleanor and then she came" she gave me a hatred look.

"I loved you but you never looked at me, I didn't do this only for title I wanted you but then you mated with her and now I wanted both of you to die so I started poisoning her because I know once she dies you will die too and I don't care now. I want you dead too" she glared at Atticus.

"If I can't have you then nobody else can" she said and then the next moment she raised her hands and chanted a spell.

"Toxicon pharmacon" and then pointed towards me and then next moment I felt myself falling down on the ground. I heard my name being called, warm hands around me but I couldn't see anything. My mind was only on one thing and that was on my dream. The dream that was telling me something.

I am dying!