45.

The woman I called turned around. For a split second, I thought it wasn't her. Her hair didn't flow around her shoulders in black ringlets anymore; they were half dipped blonde and completely jet straight with layers, a middle part fringe that framed her long, oval face.

Her droopy doe-eyes that were already the biggest feature on her face, widened seeing me. The sleeveless yellow anarkali hugged her figure in the most flattering way. Seeing the tall man with glasses beside her, arm protectively around her waist, told me that he knew that as well.

And he looked rich. The velvet blue blazer with gold trimmings and a silky black dress shirt?

Yeah, definitely rich.

"Arshia?" she mumbled, tears welling in her eyes.

She ran toward me and pulled me into a hug, arms slung around my neck. I patted her back, awkwardly. It had been years since I saw her. It was easy to hate through the phone. How was I supposed to be indifferent in real life? The man followed slowly.

Anjali pulled away and surveyed me. "You look so different!"

"I should be saying that to you."

Her teeth sunk down on her bottom lip as her husband stopped beside her. She vaguely gestured toward him. "This is my husband, Greg. Greg, this is my sister, Arshia."

"I know who that is," I said. "When mum and dad set him up for you, I was there."

Anjali's face fell.

Greg tilted his head. "So this is the infamous sister."

"Infamous?" I asked, narrowing my eyes at Anjali.

"She talks about how you two used to be and how much she wants to see you. All good things."

I wonder if she told him how she used to blame me for her first ex-boyfriend's death? "So what brings you two here?" I asked. I mean, I thought she'd blocked Varun.

"I know what you're thinking," she said, with her hands out in front of her, "but Varun sent an invitation to my house and there was a note that said you would be here, too. That was the only reason I came."

The four of us stood there, silent. I didn't know what to say to that. I cleared my throat when the silence deemed to be too uncomfortable. "I didn't introduce you to my husband," I said, trying to change the subject. I gestured to Romir whose figure had stiffened. "This is Romir."

Anjali stuck her hand out enthusiastically, her features soft and warm. "Nice to meet you, Romir."

"You too," he finally said, shaking her hand. I saw Varun hurry down from the steps of the stage.

"You made it!" He pulled Anjali into a hug. "I told you she'd be here." My nostrils flared. Why did this dude think he could try to mess with my life? "Oh, I don't think I told you but we were thinking of doing the double date this Friday?"

Focus on your wedding, hotshot.

"Yeah, that sounds great to me," I said through sugar cubed teeth.

Varun turned to Anjali. "You two should come as well. It can be a triple date."

I don't think Anjali knew how to read the room because she nodded her head, bouncing on the heels of her feet. "That sounds fun! Lord knows I need a little relaxation."

Even though a part of me really didn't want this to happen, the other half of me, the half that really did still love my sister was glad that she was coming.

Maybe we could get to talking and get rid of this awkward atmosphere and put things behind us. Like mum and dad had done. How Romir had done.

"Now I really should get back to Claudia or she'll have my head," said Varun before rushing back.