ELEVEN. the calm before the storm

After spending the morning and most of the afternoon with the pack, they left to spend time with their families

After spending the morning and most of the afternoon with the pack, they left to spend time with their families. At our house, it was my pack, Paul, and I hanging out together in the living room. We're all cuddling up on the couch, with me lying against Paul's chest and Auggie's head on my lap. Scarlett and Kimiko we next to each other, with Kimi's head on Scarlett's shoulder. Then Timmy sat with Milo's head on his lap, playing with his hair.

We were sitting as a family telling each other childhood memories. It made me feel warm in my chest, knowing that these people I was with were now a part of my life and were my family now. I was scared for tomorrow and what it would mean if I lost them. I don't know if I could handle losing another family.

But I didn't dwell on what might happen tomorrow and instead focused on the right now. This right here, hanging out with these important people in my life, was what made my life better than anything.

"Do you guys think we'll be okay tomorrow?" Milo asked.

All of us froze, not knowing how to answer him. We all hoped to be okay, but none of us really knew if that would happen. The Volturi are evil and ruthless vampires who will do anything to get what they want. We all wanted to answer Milo's question saying, yeah, we'll be fine, but in reality, we had no clue if we would be.

"Milo, to tell you the truth. I don't know if we'll be okay." I told him, not wanting to lie to him. "But I do know that we will try our hardest to make sure that we are. I promise that everyone will look after each other if they need it."

"I'm scared." He told us.

"We're all scared, Milo, but we use that fear to fight for our family. So that we can all live without being scared of anyone." Timmy said, looking down at Milo.

I smiled, "He's right, Milo. It's okay to be scared but don't show it when we are in front of the Volturi. They could use it against you, and we wouldn't want that. Remember, we're doing this for family and our survival."

"Survival." He said.

"Don't worry about tomorrow right now, Milo. It'll just make you even more scared." Scarlett said.

Milo looked at her, "Then what do I think about?"

"Think about what makes you happy. What makes you laugh. That way, you won't think about how scared you are about tomorrow." Kimiko said.

"That's good advice, Kimi." Paul told the kitsune.

"Thanks. It's what I'm doing. I'm scared to Milo, but I'm thinking about things that make me happy and memories that make me happy." Kimi said.

"You got a happy memory, Milo, that you can think of to distract yourself?" Auggie asked him.

Milo looked to the ceiling, and I knew he was thinking, "When Timmy asked me to join him. And when you guys welcomed me here even though I had taken the life of an innocent. Plus, all the times we hung out with the pack and the Cullen's."

"I think that will work, Milo. Just think about those memories, and you'll forget you were even scared." I said as I saw him smile from the memories.

"Okay."

"Alright. It's getting late let's head to bed. We have to be up early tomorrow." I told them all, and they all got up. "Goodnight, guys."

"Night, Mera." They all say.

We all head upstairs and then to our separate rooms. Timmy had put Milo to sleep, tucking him in and then going to his room. I kissed Auggie on the head, wishing him another good night, then walked into my room seeing Paul lying on the bed.

"You know you're always here, Paul. Why don't you just move in?" I ask him, sitting next to him in bed.

"Do you want me to move in?" He asked me.

I shrugged, "You practically live here already. You never leave. I wouldn't mind if we made it official."

He smiled and pulled me onto his lap, causing me to straddle him. He put his hands on my waist, and I brought my hands to the back of his neck, playing with his hair. I smiled at him, and he smiled back before kissing me. A kiss that was full of passion and love. I couldn't get enough of his lips, but before anything could go further, I pulled us apart. With one last peck, I got off his lap and sat beside him. Paul pulled me into his side, and I laid my head on his chest, and he had his arm around my waist.

"I'd love to move in." He said, then kissed the top of my head.

"Good. Cause I don't think I could handle not sleeping next to you at night." I said, and he chuckled.

He pulled me closer to him, "I love you, Esmeralda."

"I love you too, Paul."

A/N:
just a cute chapter of Esmeralda and her pack along with Paul.
like i said before this is a filler chapter to make this part a little long. but next chapter is when the battle starts so be prepared for what i have in store for you guys.
hope you enjoy.
bye!!!!!!