NINETEEN. true alpha

With Marcus and the other hunter on the ground, Auggie gets up and runs to me as I close my eyes and calm down

Marcus looks at me, frightened, "You monster. How did you do that?"

"I'm an alpha now. And I'm not the monster you think I am." I say, shining my now red eyes at him. "And I'm only gonna say this once you leave, or I'll kill you myself, and I don't care what it does to the color of my eyes."

Before Marcus could answer, Paul came from behind me. He growls as Marcus tries to back away from the angry shifter. Paul then lunges and grabs Marcus by the neck, breaking it easily.

"It won't change the color of there's." Scarlett said.

With that, I turn to the other hunters, "You all can stay and be killed one by one, or you leave now and keep your lives." I say, flashing my red eyes.

The rest of the hunters turn and run for the woods. I let out a breath of relief as Auggie came up and hugged me.

"You okay?" I say, looking at him.

"Yeah, I'm okay. Are you?"

"Yeah."

He smiles, Your an alpha now."

"Yeah." I say, still surprised.

"How exactly are you an alpha Esmeralda?" Sam asks as all the pack phased back.

"I'm not sure. I've never heard of this happening. Not even from my mother."

"I have." Scarlett says, getting rid of the arrow in her arm.

"It is rare and only happens within 100 years. Every once in a while, a beta can become an alpha without stealing or taking that power. It's called a true alpha. It's someone who rises purely of the strength in character by sheer force of will." Scarlett explained, holding onto her arm.

"Are you sure?" Paul asks.

"Yes. The way Esmeralda broke through the mountain ash barrier showed her strength of character. How she was willing to do anything to save her brother." Scarlett said, then looked back at me. "You are a true alpha."