FOURTEEN. an angry true alpha

Esmeralda's POVI was helping Emily cook for when the pack got back from their meeting

Esmeralda's POV
I was helping Emily cook for when the pack got back from their meeting. At the same time, Auggie played video games with Milo and Timmy as Kimiko and Scarlett watched them. Since the three of them got here, they have quickly hit it off with the pack. And six of us have become close and a real pack despite not all being children of the moons.

Everything was great. Although all of us in my pack had pretty messed up lives before this, we have all become happier by being together. I couldn't have asked for better members to be in my pack.

"Auggie, did you pack up all you wanted to bring to the Cullen's?" I asked him, walking over to them on the couch.

He paused the game and looked at me, "Yeah. I did. I even packed the book I got to show to Jasper."

"Good. Once the guys get back, we're gonna head to the treaty line, okay."

Auggie nods and turns back to the video game, unpausing it. I chuckled and went back into the kitchen to finish helping Emily.

After a while, I heard the pack come back, and they were arguing. But I didn't care to listen because it was probably something stupid. They walked through the door, and I turned and noticed that they were all angry. I also noticed that Jacob, Leah, and Seth weren't with them.

"What's up with you guys?" I ask.

They all looked at me and then looked at each other before their eyes settled on Sam. I raised my eyebrows as I could tell they weren't telling me something.

"It's nothing, Mera." Sam said, but when he did, I heard his heart blip.

I crossed my arms, "You're lying, Sam."

"I am telling you, Esmeralda. It's nothing."

"That's where I know you're full of shit, Sam. You are lying to me. I heard your heart skip when you said it was nothing." I said, inching closer to the alpha. "So, last chance, tell me the truth."

The room was silent. Nobody dared say a word. Because of the silence, I was getting angrier. I knew that whatever they were keeping from me had to be big.