THREE. charlie & arm wrestling

It was the next day, and Auggie, Milo, and I were back at the Cullen's house

It was the next day, and Auggie, Milo, and I were back at the Cullen's house. Bella called me to help because Jacob was upset that the family had to leave. I agreed to go over and help cheer her up. Since Paul was busy with the pack, Timmy and Kimiko over at the Clearwater house, and Scarlett on a date with Embry, I had nothing better to do.

Auggie just wanted to see Bella again and wanted to see Emmett and Rosalie. And Milo didn't like being alone, so he came with and enjoyed spending time with the Cullen's. We are in the living room, discussing what to tell Charlie about Bella. I could see that Bella didn't want to make her father sad by saying she had died, but she knew she had to go along. As we talked, Jacob returned to the house, saying how he told Charlie about himself and that the Cullen's were something different.

"Look, I solved a problem. You were leaving. What did you expect me to do?" Jacob said to try to defend his actions.

Bella shook her head, "You don't realize the danger you've put him in. The Volturi will k*ll anyone who knows about us."

"No, I didn't tell him about you. Just me. I only said you were different."

"And that we have a niece who we adopted." Edward said.

"I mean, seriously, Jake, he's not just gonna let that go." Bella argued.

"Did you consider the physical pain he'll put Bella through? It'll be like sticking a white hot branding iron down her throat. And that's assuming she can control her thirst." Edward says.

"Edward's right, Jacob. You didn't think this through, and because of that, Charlie might pay the price for it." I said from the couch with Auggie and Milo next to me.

Jacob looked at me, contemplating my words but shook them off.

"Look, Charlie's been in hell." Jacob said, then looked to Bella. "And I know you'll be much happier with him in your life."

Edward sighed, "Jacob, don't try and pretend you're doing this for anyone but yourself."

"Sorry, you feel that way because he'll be here in 10 minutes." Jacob said.

"What?"

After that, the Cullen's prepared Bella to see her father again. Alice place's contact lenses in Bella's eyes so there not red anymore. I knew just by looking at Bella that she was nervous about the possibility of her hurting her own father. But I knew that she would be able to do it. She was strong, and I knew she could handle her thirst.

"These will irritate your eyes at first." Alice says after putting the contact lenses in.

"The main thing is not to move too fast." Carlisle said.

Esme continued, "Try taking a seat. Crossing your legs."

Bella gets up to take a seat, but she moves too fast and slams into the seat. Auggie Milo and I gasped at the sudden movement before giggling.

"Maybe a tad slower. Hmm."

"And blink at least three times a minute." Alice says, then Bella starts blinking repeatedly.

Alice smiled, "Good."

"For a cartoon character." Jacob teased her.

"Hold your breath. It will help with the thirst." Carlisle said.

"Just don't forget to move your shoulders, so it looks like you're breathing." Edward said to continue what Carlisle said.

Bella starts moving her shoulders up and down.

"And don't sit so straight. Humans don't do that." Rosalie says.

Bella sighed, "Okay. I got it. Move around, blink, slouch."

"Wow. I didn't know it took all that for you guys to blend in with people." Auggie said, and Milo and I nodded in agreement.

"Well, if we want to blend in, it's worth all of it." Carlisle replied.

After ten minutes, Charlie finally pulls in, as we all hear.

"Good luck." Esme says as everyone but Edward and Jacob leave the room, and Carlisle answers the door.

Before I leave, I smile at Bella, "You'll be fine. Just remember what they taught you and that he's your father. He'll always love you."

"Thanks, Esmeralda."

🌕

After Charlie had left, everyone came back and congratulated Bella. She could control her thirst around her father despite being a newborn vampire.

"Well done, Bella. Never seen a newborn show that kind of restraint." Jasper said.

Emmett chuckled and shook his head, "I'm not sure she is a newborn. She's so tame."

"Emmett, don't antagonize her. She's the strongest one in the house." Edward warned his brother.

"He's right, Emmett. You wouldn't want to get hurt now, would you?" I teased the vampire.

"Please." He said, shaking his head again.

This leads to an arm wrestling match in the woods between Bella and Emmett. Emmett had found a massive rock for him and Bella to use for the arm wrestling match. He carried it and placed it on another rock, which was a good height. Milo and Auggie were excited to watch the arm wrestle and to see who would win.

"Don't hurt yourself, Emmett." Edward said with a smile.

"My money's on Emmett. I love you, Bella, but Emmett has always been the strong one in the family." Auggie says.

Milo shook his head, "My money's on Bella. As Edward said, she's the strongest in the family."

Emmett smiled at his godson and then sent Bella a smirk. She shook her head and rolled her eyes. They both got into positions.

"All right. On 3. 3!" Jasper said.

They both push against the other hands before Bella begins getting the upper hand. I see Emmett make a face showing disbelief, then Bella moves his hand down, breaking part of the rock.

"Oh, man." Auggie sighed and then handed Milo five dollars. I see Milo had a smug smile on his face as he pocketed the money, and I chuckle.

Bella turned to Edward with a smile, "Did you see that?"

She turns back to the rock, then punches it making it break and crumble, showing off her newfound strength. Everyone laughed, seeing her smile as she broke the rock piece by piece.

A/N:
having Milo and Auggie bet on Emmett and Bella was something i didn't think i would have done but i'm glad i did. it made the scene funnier after seeing Emmett lose to Bella.
hope you enjoy.
bye!!!!!!!!