ELEVEN. aftermath

The pack raced to Billy's house

The pack raced to Billy's house. The boys quickly put Jacob in his bed as he still screams in pain.

"Alright, move now." I tell the boys, crouching down next to Jacob on the floor.

"What are you gonna do, Esmeralda?" I hear Sam ask from behind me.

I grab Jacob's hands, "I'm gonna take his pain."

I didn't have to turn around to know that the pack was looking at me with confused faces. I ignored them and focused on taking Jacob's pain but not enough to accelerate his healing or cause me just as much pain as he was.

Once I took enough that he stopped screaming so loud, I let go. I stay down to catch my breath from all the pain I took, and that's when Carlisle walks in.

Billy sits in his wheelchair on the porch, surrounded by the pack, including Emily and Auggie. Anxiously everyone waits as they hear Jacob's screams when Bella's truck pulls up, and she hurriedly climbs out. As she reaches the porch, a loud yell of excruciating pain emanates inside the house. Bella flinches, feeling the pain herself. They all do. It's all Billy can do to keep it together. Emily, next to him, puts an arm around his shoulders.

Quil is the first to break the silence, "It's been going on for a while."

"Doc's rebreaking his bones," Embry tells Bella, and she reacts to that horror.

Leah is pacing, "Why'd he have to butt in? I could've taken that tick..."

"Oh, give it a rest, Leah."

"Paul!" I seethed at him. He looks at me and Auggie, who's in my arms, with a look that tells me he's just worried about Jacob. I grab his hand to give him comfort.

We all spin toward the front door; as it opens, Carlisle exits with Sam.

"The worst is over. He'll be alright." Carlisle tells the group, who all visibly sigh in relief.

Billy exhales heavily, tears threatening. Sam puts a hand on Billy's shoulder. Emily wraps an arm around Sam's waist.

"I gave him some morphine, but his body temperature will burn it off soon. I'll come back to set up a drip. If the morphine doesn't help, then Esmeralda can help."

"Thank you." Billy thanked the vampire for saving his son.

"He's asking for you." Carlisle says look at Bella then leaves without another word.

The pack all look at her in a combination of pleading, "don't hurt him," and threatening, "if you hurt him." With that, Bella heads inside, leaving the rest of us outside.

"Esmeralda, what was that that you did in there?" Sam asked me, and everyone looked to Auggie and me for answers.

I hug Auggie tighter, not wanting to think about if he was in Jacob's position, "Our kind can do a thing called pain transference. If we hold onto a person or even an animal in pain, we can take it from them. That's what I did for Jacob; I took some of his pain from him. Since I wasn't hurt, my healing allowed me to heal from it fast from the pain."

Billy then wheels closer to Auggie and me. "Thank you. You only just got here, and you help my son."

"It was nothing, really."

"No. You helped him. Me and the other elders have decided that you are safe on the reservation, and we allow you and your brother to cross the treaty line to visit the Cullen's anytime you wish." Billy tells me with tears in his eyes.

I can feel tears threading to fall from my own eyes, but I push them back. I nod at the older man in appreciation for what he just granted Auggie and me.

"Thank you. And you never have to worry. If any of the pack are hurt, I won't hesitate to help them." I look at the pack as they watch me. "They are my family, after all."

The pack smiled and heard those words knowing they had a new pack member. I know they would always have my back, and I would have them there whenever we needed them.

"Mera is right. And when I shift, I'll help you guys any way I can." Auggie promised the pack as well. Everyone smiled at him, even Leah, who I could tell was taking a liking to Auggie as a new little brother.

A/N:
double update.
here is the aftermath of the newborn army battle and i hope you like the added fact about children of the moon being able to take pain.
if you couldn't already tell i am taking inspiration from the teen wolf werewolves that i found interesting and adding it in since we don't know much about the children of the moon.
next chapter and the ones after will take place before breaking dawn.
hope you enjoy.
bye!!!!!!