The heist

"She said she knew what I was doing," I said to the whole crew, "We knew that, but is bold to blow her cover like that," said Sara, she was the intel person of the group, she always knew a guy who knew a guy. "I think she's too close to the situation to see her mistakes," said Jeffrey, I hadn't talked to him a lot, all I knew is he was very quiet and intimidating, I wasn't still sure what was his role in the crew. "This only means we are going in a good direction, she's making mistakes and she seems to not control herself very well when it comes to Laura," said Dante without looking at anyone.

"I think we should go for the first part of the operation," said Sheila, "Laura is ready" I was surprised, she hasn't told me that yet, they all looked at each other. "I have the intel already, we can do it this weekend, I got a guy that can get us in, but once inside we're on our own," said Sara. "I'm ready too, I've been looking into the explosives we need and I managed to get something better, a small amount that does the work with almost no fuss," said Jeffrey.

"The only thing we need then is a distraction" they all looked at me. "What?" I said to them, "She doesn't know the full plan yet", said Dante. "Laura, we are going to infiltrate a heavily guarded facility, there are vampires and humans guarding the area, this building is where they repurpose silver weapons, as you know there cannot be silver weapons, there are forgers that still create some but most of them get raided from time to time. We had a good amount of storage but we got busted and they confiscated all of our stashes" said Sheila, "And now they're going to melt all the silver back to ingots so they can take it out of the streets." said Jeffrey. "Ok, but why am I the distraction?" I asked confused, they all looked at each other. "Maddy warned the place about you so they will be expecting you"

I was surprised, Maddy was already planning for me to try to kill her, I refused to believe I was that predictable, "But are they not also expecting you?" I asked, "Yes," said Sara, "But we have inside contacts and can move quietly if we manage to set the alarm away from us. I didn't say anything, "Laura, this has to look like you're trying to do this hit solo, that gives us an advantage and we can get to the weapons safely". Sheila talked to me looking into my eyes, I felt she was trying to tell me I was ready, "I don't know, what if they get me?" I asked worried, "They won't," said Jeffrey, "I'll help you set the distraction and after you get their attention all you have to do is run fast enough" Sara moved some keys that were on the desk, "I'll wait in the car and get you out safely," she said.