The rebels

I kept going to the same bar for a month, sometimes I met someone new, and sometimes I just talked to the bartender, we became sort of good friends, the hardest part was keeping on with the custom, I regretted how much I overdid it as the tattoos were wearing off a bit. I dismissed it as I was trying to see if I really wanted to and figured I didn't, it was enough. The best part was meeting Sheila from time to time, we got to talk several times, I did buy her a beer and today was the day she introduced me to her group.

"Hi, everybody, this is Laura, Laura, this is everybody," they all said hi and some waved with their hands, I smiled and waved too. I sat down as they were in the middle of a conversation. I looked at them and noticed almost everybody had a silver bracelet. "So, what's with you, Laura?" said one of the guys, "I'm Peter, these are Sara, Jeffrey, and Hayley." I smiled "Well, I'm just new to the city and I'm looking for a job actually" I wasn't but I thought it was a good excuse to get more involved. "Oh, and what is it you do?" I had been thinking about this interaction a lot "I'm up for whatever really, I don't believe in the whole having a career thing" they looked at each other. "Well we might need someone for a job actually, but you'll have to wait for Dante, he's the one that's looking for someone, we'll tell him to talk to you" that's what I was looking for, a way to get even more close.

"Thanks, that'll be super helpful," I said smiling, we talked a drank for a while I noticed how they seemed more like a family than a group of friends, the dynamics were a lot more like siblings, maybe they were related. "Are you guys relatives?" I asked curiously. They laughed at my question, "Nah, we just spend too much time together" said Sheila, "Here, I'll add you to our group chat, and then you can talk to Dante about that job easily" Sheila took her phone and I got a notification.

"Thanks, quick question, that's a nice bracelet, is it something you guys got together?" They laughed again, "You're not ready to know about that yet" Sheila looked at me with witty eyes, they all continued talking and drinking and Sheila came closer to me. "We have to talk about something but is not going to be today, the whole group seems to like you so is just a matter of time" I got nervous, "Is it bad?" I asked. "Oh no, nothing bad, but is important and we are very careful who we tell these things to" She looked into my eyes with intensity. "I still find you a baddy even without the tattoos though" I blushed, and couldn't say anything to that, but this meant I might be close enough to get what I wanted, weapons.