twenty four.

it was dance day and instead of practicing, sunghoon had spent his time taking care of sunoo even though the younger would continuously urge him to practice and say that he doesn't need any more taken care of.

sunghoon nervously stood backstage as it was now time for their duet, his hands shaking whilst he glanced at the girl beside him that he now had to do it with.

"nervous sunghoon?" the girl said.

that was until sunoo came and stood in between both of them - in the outfit that's for the duet.

"he's not anymore, you can go." he said to the girl - who quickly just left.

sunghoons eyes widened as he faced sunoo, hands on the younger's arms. "sunoo what are you doing here you need to rest-"

"it's not fully healed yet but-"

"sunoo." sunghoon just interrupted again, a stern look on his face.

"but the doctor gave me some over-the-counter pain relievers so i can dance and it won't be affected that much."

sunghoon just sighed and smiled at the latter, admiring his passion for singing and dancing.

"next up for their duet performance, sunoo and sunghoon with missed call by jiselle feat chancellor!" the host announced, sunoo just squeezing sunghoon's hand and nodding at him, the two then going out on stage.

their other friends came to cheer on, sunghoon needed jay to bring his car anyways for the after party but the friends wanted to stay for the competition.

jay and jungwon stood up, screaming and clapping: "come on sunghoon and sunoo!"

♫ now playing: missed call - jiselle ft. chancellor.

all the feelings that lingered around in the practice room came back to the two during their performance.

^__^

their school had won the big group performance. but now sunoo and sunghoon were on stage, holding hands as they nervously waited for the duet results.

the host opened the envelope, putting his mic to his lips once again.

"and the winners of the duet are..."

sunghoon squeezed sunoo's hand and looked down.

"hoyoung and jihyun's-"

sunoo and sunghoon both sighed.

"opponents: kim sunoo and sunghoon with missed call!" sunoo's eyes widened as he quickly put his hand over his mouth - looking at sunghoon in disbelief who mirrored his actions.

that was until all the cheers from the crowd came in, sunoo quickly hugging the older who just wrapped his arms around his waist and lifted him up: "we did it sunoo! we won!"

the two cheered - the rest of the school coming out and carrying the two in the air, sunghoon clutching onto the trophy so it doesn't fall. his attention then diverted to the red string on his pinky finger, the string that was attached to sunoo's finger.