Chapter 21 - "Oukashou"

Comenzar desde el principio

"That's a tree, right? Are we fighting trees now?" he scoffed. "Dammit, Zetsu, control your species!"

If looks could kill, Zetsu would have already murdered Hidan in cold blood. Not that killing the man was possible either.

"Stop fooling around," ordered Pain, before looking at the former member of the Seven Swordsmen. "Kisame, report what you've gathered from Blood Prison."

"Of course." Kisame then stepped forward. "I and Itachi-san infiltrated the Blood Prison. Unfortunately, there is nothing there that we don't already know. It remains a mystery whether Oukashou is from a village, an organization, or is working independently. Gender is also unknown."

"Oukashou use weapons to kill the victims. Ninjutsu was never seen on the site of massacre. No survivor has been recorded up to this day, possibly to avoid identification."

He then added, "However, a clue was once obtained from a dying victim who pointed at a Sakura tree when asked about his attacker's identity. Hence, the name: Oukashou."

A indignant snort echoed in the room. Everyone glared at Hidan who soon burst out laughing. "Imagine being a mass murderer but getting named after the prettiest tree because a dude you left to die pointed at it in his dying breath," he wheezed. "That's fucking hilarious!"

"Can you shut up for once, Hidan?" Kakuzu was nearing his wits' end.

Despite the commotion, a certain blonde-haired male remained uncharacteristically silent.

Deidara rubbed his chin in deep thought. "Hn. From that information, I think we can infer that Oukashou is not a ninja. Since they are unable to use ninjutsu."

"No. Just because they don't use it, doesn't mean they can't," rebutted Itachi. "It might be an attempt to throw us off the trail."

"I agree. It's also possible that they use ninjutsu but only the type that does not leave trails." Konan added.

A sense of eureka hit Deidara. 

"Ah, I get it. Like teleportation!"

Itachi froze.

Time seemed to slow down as he put the pieces together.

The color of cherry blossoms.