26

Chapter 26 Flowers in the Mirror, Moon in the Water

"This thing... really belongs to Mr. Gu?"

 Long Yanzhao asked uncertainly as he looked at the green jade wrench in his hand.

 "...According to the adults' description, and the characteristics of the four captured robbers, they should be." The official below replied.

 Looking at the small object in his hand, Long Yanzhao fell into deep thought.

 Suddenly, he grabbed the wrench into his hand and stood up from where he was.

 "Go back to the palace."

 No one dared to ask the emperor why he was going back to the palace again, just like no one dared to think deeply about why he came out suddenly.

 What's more, the emperor's complexion is not very good, which is obvious to all.

 I don't know what the trigger is for.

 It can make His Majesty's expression suddenly change after only one glance.

 Everyone bowed and saluted to send His Majesty off. Before leaving, Long Yanzhao said to the governor of the capital, "Tell Mr. Gu to come directly to see me in the palace."

 "Yes." The governor of the capital quickly replied respectfully.

 On the way back, Long Yanzhao sat in the carriage and looked at the finger.

 He was also full of doubts, and couldn't figure out why the family heirloom of the Yang family was in the hands of Gu Jingyuan...

 Yang Jin was killed in the conflict with the north. Long Yanzhao checked the details later, but he couldn't restore it. All that happened at that time.

 All that is known is that it was a bloody battle.

 Then Yang Jin didn't come back.

 No matter how brave and skilled a soldier is, facing thousands of troops on the battlefield, he will only turn into a speck of dust in the desert.

 The battle lasted all day and night, and the battlefield was littered with corpses.

 The corpses of many people in the sea of ​​corpses could not be distinguished, so they didn't even know whether General Yang was dead or alive.

 At that time, Long Yanzhao was far away in the capital, and he hadn't been in power yet, so he was out of reach, so he could only send people to search and identify...

 It's a pity that the news was sent back and forth too slowly. When Long Yanzhao heard about Yang Jin again, it turned out that half a month later, Prime Minister Yang entered the palace alone and told him that Yang Jin's body had been found and was sent to him by someone. Back to the capital.

 It was raining that day.

 Yang Jin's body had been taken care of, and it was clean and tidy without a trace of blood.

 Except for his pale complexion, he just seemed to be asleep, no different from before...

 Long Yanzhao tried hard to recall the situation at that time.

 ...It seems that at that time, Yang Jin didn't wear that finger wrench anymore.

 As the favorite son of Prime Minister Yang, the most capable and influential person among the noble children in Beijing at that time, Young General Yang has three treasures that never leave his body.

 The first is the Tiger Talisman in charge of the soldiers and horses of the Changji Camp in the north.

 The second is his token to command all shadow guards as Shadow One.