Twenty-Five

Lloyd smiled as I walked down the isle.

Finally, we were getting married.

Amara walked with me.

All my brothers were here, suzanne, denny, some of Lloyd's men. It was small. But damn near perfect.

I smiled as Amara went to hug lloyd. He bent down and hugged her, kissing her cheek before letting her go off with my brothers. I stepped over with Lloyd. He had tears in his eyes. He has never cried around me, not once.

I smiled as he grabbed my hands. I gave my flowers to Amara to hold before holding Lloyd's hands.

He was actually crying. He didn't even cry when his own daughter was born.

He let go of my hands to wipe his tears. I helped him out. Everyone chuckled lightly. He smiled and held my hands again.

"Now lloyd has insisted we make this short and sweet. So that's what we will do. We will have our vows from the bride and groom, and then the rings and that's it." The officiant said.

"My kind of wedding." Lloyd said. I smiled.

The officiant handed us both of our papers for our vows. Lloyd just smiled. I've never seen him smile so much.

I opened my paper.

"Alright everyone I'm not one for compliments, but I think most of you here know that. So I'm going to start with our story. Lloyd and I...there's a lot to unfold. I guess you could say we're the typical 'I hate you' relationship. We did hate each other a lot, or we acted like it. Turns out we didn't hate each other. Lloyd will never admit it, but he liked me first." I said. Everyone laughed, including Lloyd. "But turns out we did like each other. And then Amara came along, and eventually after too many years Lloyd proposed. In the end, Lloyd I love you. I love how stubborn and stupid you are. I love your attitude. I love your dire need to look your best every single day. I love you."

Lloyd smiled. "Well Ayden I didn't think that you would give me that many compliments in one paragraph but here we are." He said. "A. My Ayden. You're right, I did like you first. I knew that under all of that rude, snarky personality, there was a beautiful loving woman. And I found her. And god I love both sides of you. I'm so thankful for all you've done. You've provided, you've been there through weak and through strong, you brought me a beautiful daughter, and most importantly..." he was getting choked up. I didn't want to cry...but he was making it hard. "You were the first person that loved me for me."

I smiled. "God get that ring on my finger already." I whispered. Everyone laughed.

"You heard the bride lloyd." The officiant said. Lloyd grabbed the rings and handed me his. I smiled and slid his on his finger, and he slid my wedding band onto mine, which matched my engagement ring.

I smiled.

"Lloyd Hansen, do you take Ayden to be your wife?" He asked.

"I do."

"Ayden Winters, do you take Lloyd to be your husband?"

"I do." I said.

"Then by the power in me, I pronounce you husband and wife, you may kiss the bride."

Lloyd pulled me in rather quickly, kissing me passionately. I smiled and kissed him back while everyone cheered.

Amara was at our feet. I pulled away and picked her up. Lloyd smiled and kissed my cheek.

I was the happiest motherfucking girl in the world.