Six

Winters.

After lloyd and I had eaten, we just watched the tapes. For hours.

"Okay now I'm really bored." Lloyd said after about two hours of silence.

I sipped on my tea and stared at him.

"What can we do while also watching this?" I asked.

He sighed and sat back. "I don't know."

I smiled softly and continued watching. Lloyd stretched back in his chair, his shirt riding up and showing his happy trail.

I glanced away. Lloyd chuckled beside me.

"What's so funny?" I asked.

"You. God you're practically drooling over me. I'm flattered." He said.

"I'm not drooling over you. You look like-"

"-everyones dad. Yeah I've heard. But I mean doesn't that make me a dilf?"

"No." I said. He chuckled.

"God it's just too fun getting under your skin." He said. I rolled my eyes and continued watching the cameras.

————

Lloyd was already in bed for the night. I stood at the mirror while putting my hair in a braid.

Lloyd sat on his phone as I changed. A few seconds later and I was in bed with him. The fire was ablaze before us.

Lloyd glanced over at me. I felt his stare.

I could hear the wind outside. I looked over and saw the snow falling.

"It looks bad." I whispered.

"We will be fine." He said.

I nodded and laid down. Lloyd stayed on his phone.

Something about last night with us was weird. I mean we were always such dicks to each other.

And last night he was caring. He was someone that I didn't know. He was actually sweet under his layers upon layers of psychopath.

Something about it made my heart flutter. Maybe he was only a psychopath in public. Maybe he was actually a nice person.

Whatever it was...I liked it. I really did.

I closed my eyes and snuggled into the blankets more. As I did, Lloyd got out of bed. I opened my eyes.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Generator just went out." He said. I sat up.

"I mean it's fine we have heat from the fireplace." I said.

He nodded softly.

"I just don't want it to be dead." He said.

"I don't think it is. I think it's just on a time limit." I said.

He sighed and came back into bed. "Okay."

He was soft. He had a heart somewhere.

Then again he could be thinking the same thing about me.

We're the same. We have the same personalities, it's just that I have a teensy bit more of a heart than he does. It's the pacemaker.

"Lloyd?"

"Yeah."

"Thank you for last night. I didn't get the chance to tell you. I know it was weird but uhm...yeah. Thanks."

He let out a small laugh. "Yeah. It's not everyday when I have a girl just immediately come over and use me for body heat and physical touch-"

"It's called cuddling."

"I'm never gonna use that word." He said. I smiled at him.

He laid back with me. "I wouldn't be mad if you wanted to use me for physical touch again."

"Cuddling."

"Stop." He said. I laughed.

"What? You desperate or something? Trying to get to that point that you had again. That point where you kissed me?" I asked as I sat up, looking down at him.

"No." He said under his breath. "I'm not desperate."

"Okay." I said. I moved myself a tiny bit closer to him. He held his breath.

Our faces were close.

"What if I did...kiss you?" I asked. Our eyes met.

He quickly moved me down on the bed and got on top of me, and just like that, his lips were on mine.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and sighed. His hands trailed to my waist, holding it while his tongue entered my mouth.

His lips were soft. He always used chapstick. God I was in heaven. I would never admit that to him, but I loved this.

Seconds later and he pulled away. Both of us were gaining back air into our lungs that we lost.

Lloyd stared at me, before laying back on the bed.

"What-"

"Goodnight." Lloyd said sternly as he turned away from me.

Not another word was spoken for the rest of the night.