Twelve

Winters.

"Lloyd." I choked out. I felt him run over. He helped me up.

"What's wrong?" He asked. It was muffled.

"My..my meds." I said. Oh god. We were basically snowed in. God knows where the nearest hospital is.

I watched as Lloyd put a long sleeve and sweatpants on and went to grab my meds. He found the bag of pill bottles and came over.

"Alright. I'm here. Deep breaths. How many of each?"

I held up the number one on my finger. He started opening the bottles and handed me one at a time. I tried not to cry.

I took all of them before settling myself back. I needed my pain meds. It was a shot.

"Get the needle and injection fluid from the bag." I said quietly.

Lloyd got it.

"Follow...the directions and give it to me." I whispered.

He nodded and quickly got it ready before pulling down my sweats and giving me the shot in my thigh. He was quick and easy with it.

I sighed and closed my eyes.

"No no no no. Ayden?" Lloyd asked.

"I'm okay. I'm awake." I whispered. Lloyd picked me up bridal style and laid me on the bed.

I took a couple deep breaths, feeling my heart rate going back.

Lloyd just stared at me. I smiled.

"Isn't that fun?" I asked. Lloyd didn't show any emotion.

"That doesn't seem like a joking matter." He said.

I smiled and closed my eyes. "This happened the last time I had sex with a guy. I fell asleep and forgot to take my medications which help keep my heart beating."

Lloyd stood up. "Drink some water." He said.

"The only thing was with the last guy, he left me. So I had to try and get my own meds, and I passed out. Luckily my pacemaker notification gets sent to Suzanne. So I will be getting a call very soon." I said.

"Why Suzanne?"

"Someone in the CIA has to watch it, and Denny refused." I said. Lloyd carefully got back into bed.

Just like magic, Lloyds phone rang.

"Hello?" Lloyd asked as he put his phone on speaker.

"Is Ayden around you? Her pacemaker is..something is wrong." She said.

"She's fine. She forgot to take her meds." Lloyd said. His hand trailed over to my thigh.

I smiled softly and grabbed his hand, holding it. I don't think he liked that, but I didn't care.

"Did you give her the shot too?"

"Yes Suzanne."

"You don't have to say it like I'm boring you she could die." Suzanne said. I looked down.

"I've got it under control. You know I'm good with medical stuff Suzanne."

"Which is why you two are on most missions together."

I looked over at lloyd. He let go of my hand and got up to go into the other room.

I watched as he walked out. I curled myself closer.

A few minutes later and Lloyd came back.

"What we're you..."

"I told her why it happened."

"Like as in us?"

"Yep."

"That's my private information shes gonna go tell denny and then dennys gonna blab his mouth to everyone-"

"-our information. Ours. And she won't blab her mouth to denny. I told her to keep it quiet and if she doesn't I will shave her head."  

I nodded. Lloyd moved to turn off the lamp next to me.

"So next time I will make you take your meds before you fall asleep." He said.

I nodded. He kissed my forehead.

"All good?" He asked.

"All good."

"Okay. Sleep."

"Don't tell me what to do." I said as I laid down.

"Oh I will tell you to do anything that I please." He said as he pulled me in, spooning me again.

"Goodnight." Lloyd whispered in my ear.

God damn.