Seventeen

Hansen.

"Hey A. This was sitting outside." I said as I walked into her apartment one day.

The past month had flown by with her. She would be at my mansion all the time. I had been trying to get her to move in, slowly but surely. She could even have her own room.

She was in the kitchen, pouring a glass of wine.

"Hey." She said. I smiled and gave her the letter.

She leaned into my front while she opened it. I wrapped my arms around her.

It was a handwritten letter. She opened it before looking at the name and shutting it.

"What?" I asked her.

"It's nothing." She said.

"No what is it."

"Nothing." 

I didn't push her. There was no address at the top.

She sighed and threw the letter away. Hmm.

Something wasn't right.

————

"Where did you learn how to braid?" Ayden asked as I braided her hair. She sat between my legs.

"My younger sister." I said.

"How many siblings do you have?"

"Two. An older brother and a younger sister." I said.

"What was your childhood like?"

"Rich. Bleak." I said. "My parents were always busy and being that they were rich, we were raised by a nanny. They didn't have time for us, and being that I was the middle child they really didn't have time for me. So I went to Harvard on a football scholarship, got in the cia, was there for five months, and got kicked. My siblings don't talk to me, and my parents are dead."

She sighed. "I'm sorry." She said.

"Please. I don't care. What about you?"

"Uhmm. I never knew my mom, she died when I was one. I had four older brothers growing up. They protected me. I ended up having four step moms before leaving for college, two who abused me. But I had my brothers." She said, before trailing off.

"Where are they now?"

"Metropolitan area in Minnesota. They own a law firm together."

"Have you visited them?" I asked.

"No."

"Was that the letter?" I asked her. She laid back on my chest.

"They invite me for Christmas every year." She said.

"So then go."

She groaned. "I just..they weren't happy when I decided to join the cia. They knew I could get hurt. They didn't wanna lose me so they got mad."

"They were looking out for you." I said.

She sighed and got up, going into her kitchen and grabbing the letter.

She opened it and sat back down where she was before.

"Dear Ayden, Hi love. We miss you. We all know you might not answer back, but yet again we're asking you to come to Christmas. Bring whoever you'd like, the home fits lots. Please know we have our best eye out for you. We miss you dearly. Love, Max, Shawn, Cole, and Dylan," she read.

I kissed her shoulder. "I'd say you should go."

"Shut up. You're being too soft right now and I'm not a fan."

"Alright. I'm done with the conversation, but you're going to their house for Christmas." I said. She sighed and set the letter on the table.

She moved to cuddle into me. I wrapped my arms around her.

"Promise?" I asked.

"Promise."