Four

Hansen.

I woke up to the bed shaking. I looked over to see winters, obviously cold. I even thought it was cold, so she was probably chilled to the bone.

I got out of bed and grabbed some logs, putting them on the fire. I looked around the room and found an extra blanket.

This was stupid. I don't do anything for anyone. I looked over at Ayden. Her cheeks were red, and her body was still shivering.

I sighed and laid the blanket over her. I got into bed again and laid on my side, facing her back.

She shifted as I got into bed. Oh god.

I closed my eyes and pretended to be asleep. I felt her turn. I can't open my eyes. We're gonna be face to face.

I felt her lift my arm and put it around her. Stay limp.

"Lloyd?" She asked. Fuck.

Why am I even pretending to be asleep? I was just up and walking around.

"I- fuck it." She said. I felt her turn around and back her body into mine, becoming the little spoon.

I looked down at her. I moved my hand to wrap around her more.

"Winters this is definitely against our protocol."

"Dude shut the actual fuck up. Your body heat is warm." She said.

I sat up and took off my shirt. She looked over at me.

"I mean I love seeing a good set of abs, but what are you doing?"

"Body heat passes through others easier when clothes are taken off. I'm doing you a favor." I said. She chuckled.

"Okay science nerd."

"It's not a science thing...well it is but...." I said as I laid down. "Body heat just transfers easier." I said as I got under the covers with her.

She nodded. "So I should take my sweatshirt off too?" She asked.

"No. You don't have a bra on."

"What? Never seen tits before?" She asked. "I mean it's likely that you haven't. Or at least not good ones because I mean you seriously seem like the type to only go for moms mister dad next door-"

I grabbed her by her waist, my hand planted on the cold skin on her stomach, and pulled to whisper in her ear.

"Just shut up, and fucking sleep." I whispered. She stopped breathing for a second, before calming down.

I laid my head on the pillow, my hand still on her bare stomach. She relaxed after a few minutes.

"I didn't mean to scare you." I whispered.

"You didn't scare me. I'm just now being quiet."

I nodded. "How's your body temp now?" I asked. She stayed quiet.

"I'm still cold but I'm doing okay."

I leaned her closer. Every part of my body was touching hers. She wrapped her feet around my legs. I chuckled.

She let out a small breath. I let my thumb trail over her ribcage.

"Lloyd." She said softly.

"Mhm."

"I'm- fuck." She whispered.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Nothing." She said.

"Hey. Ayden."

"Hmm."

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing." She said. She moved to face my chest. She made herself comfortable very quickly by resting her head on my chest. I wrapped my arm around her.

"Get some sleep." I whispered. She nodded.

"You smell good." She whispered.

I smiled and rested my lips on her head, not kissing her, just...resting.

"Thanks." I whispered.

Her body looked small next to mine.

I waited thirty minutes before I knew that she was asleep. Once she was, I let myself relax and let sleep take over too.